• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Dick Metcalf wrote an editorial for Guns & Ammo magazine called "Lets Talk Limits" advocating "common sense" firearm restrictions. You will recognize the usual "I support the second amendment but" language, disdain of the second amendment actually granting a right to allow citizens to carry without additional state licensing, etc. Dick is from Chicago, so it appears he has absorbed too many of the antis mantras.

Here is a much more thorough dissection of Dick's editorial. If you have a subscription to Guns & Ammo, I'd suggest you contact them and ask if they really want to endorse that position given there customer base.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Dick Metcalf wrote an editorial for Guns & Ammo magazine called "Lets Talk Limits" advocating "common sense" firearm restrictions. You will recognize the usual "I support the second amendment but" language, disdain of the second amendment actually granting a right to allow citizens to carry without additional state licensing, etc. Dick is from Chicago, so it appears he has absorbed too many of the antis mantras.

Here is a much more thorough dissection of Dick's editorial. If you have a subscription to Guns & Ammo, I'd suggest you contact them and ask if they really want to endorse that position given there customer base.

It's an editorial piece, not an endorsement

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I'v said for a long time that old, dried up piece used-to-be should remove himself from the spotlight. Maybe this will convince those who continue to pay for his services to reconsider.

Last edited:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    JEEZ...what a D-bag! I don't subscribe to G&A, and I've kind of gotten away from buying gun mags since every gun ever reviewed is the best gun ever, but I certainly won't even consider it now. Hopefully they get rid of him! Amazing they would print the story IMO!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just got off the phone with customer service.

"...may I ask why you are cancelling your subscription?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I'm glad you asked... it has to do with an editorial by Mr. Dick Metcalf..."

"I'm sorry about that.....is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"I seriously doubt it. Goodbye"

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I was very disappointed to read that article. I had thought more of the author. Looks like I won't be renewing another subscription. That's leave the NRA mag AM the only one I get anymore.

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    It's an editorial piece, not an endorsement
    Gotta say this. Metcalf has revealed himself to not be a supporter of the US Constitution, editorial or not, a stance that certainly will hurt G&A advertisers and subscribers. Rahm Emmanuell, Eric Holder and our beloved POTUS should be quite pleased with him. You can't say, unequivocally, that he wrote it as an editorial or endorsement and neither can I, simply because we can't prove it either way. He's made it clear that he really doesn't care for this: McDonald v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've noticed that since that ruling, residents of Illinois and Chicagoans, in particular, have been having trouble in thinking that decision is binding on them. Yet, we still have people attempting an end around on the Constitution and the SCOTUS ruling. I have to ask, are you playing devils advocate, because some of your comments really don't add up, to me, as being from someone that does support the Constitution. Your posts and position seem to be as variable as Indiana weather.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Boy, this is disappointing. It's bad enough we have to hear this crap from the gun control crowd but when this comes stuff oozes out of "our side", it's just disgusting. I've never subscribed to G&A but I've seen this guy on some gun show that comes on Outdoor Channel or some such--I now have a whole new level (diminished) of respect for him.

Top Bottom