• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Ok, I am aware that people with less than 50 posts can physically go into the classified section and it is up to the members of the forum to uphold the rules of INGO and not do business with these posters unless they are site supporters.

With that being said, I do not list in the classified section very often. I currently have an item for sale and have already had two members with less than 50 posts make offers on the item. I was trying to work out a deal with one until I noticed the low post count.

I am fairly certain that I am not the only one with this issue. I am just curious to hear how many others this has happened to and any suggestions that some people may have to resolve this issue. (Aside from crying to the Mods).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had a low-poster make me an offer on a listing a few weeks ago. This was my response:

I'm sorry, but you'll have to meet INGO's criteria for participation in the classifieds first. Thanks anyway!

Whether you choose to accept an offer from a low-poster or not is up to you. We really can't stop it (nor would we necessarily try).

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I had a low-poster make me an offer on a listing a few weeks ago. This was my response:

Whether you choose to accept an offer from a low-poster or not is up to you. We really can't stop it (nor would we necessarily try).

Gotcha, I directed both to get 50 posts or become a site supporter before participating in the classified section. Also told 'em to read the FAQ and rules.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think the idea behind 50 post is to build a trust worth reputation with the other members on the board. Obviously it is only as good as the system can be, since the internet is really who we want to be and not who we really are :rolleyes:

So with 50 quality post you are showing everyone that hey, I'm real, not a spammer and you can trust me.:dunno:

I suppose with out the rule, INGO would just be a giant Evil Black Assault Rifle Swap Meet... wait, so why do we have the post count rule then :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've dealt with a few members with less than 50 posts...

A few have already been Site Supporters.

And one sent his check in to become one as we were talking and was one before deal was done.

As to the others, I've let them know the rules and that it wasn't anything personal.

-J-

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I sold a couple of things and I listed the below in the ad.

Please help me follow the rules and have a 50 post count to participate in the market place.

Seems to work pretty well.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Meh, cash talks

This is why we can't have nice things.....

Obviously, to some it does.... Which is why we now can't offer such good prices to other members because someone who's just here for the ad will swipe it up and take it to another board and sell it for a higher price.

To others, they'd prefer to deal with someone that actually follows the rules. I've seen people offer a better price to someone with more of a history on INGO or a site supporter and I see nothing wrong with that.

It just disappoints me that people don't care about the amount of work that all of the members put into this site to keep it a nice place.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    its pretty comon for folks to try to skatethe rules on this site and others

I don't doubt this at all. I found INGO by googling for guns for sale in Indiana. I was a lurker for quite a while until I realized you had to join in order to "participate" in the classified. So, I joined. I read the rules on using the classifieds and never intended to skate them. But I didn't understand them to say you couldn't PM sellers. I thought participation meant to be able to list items for sale. So, when I had 15 quality posts I did PM a couple of people about buying their items. One of the friendly, yet strict, moderators pointed out to me that participation includes PMing sellers. I have no problem with this rule and I finally got to my 50 quality post count so I am good to go. I did have a few posts deleted as not qualifying for quality, including welcoming some new members. Thank goodness I can post one liners now! Anyway, my point is, some of us NEWBS need the rules spelled out just a little clearer. Why even allow PMing with only 15 posts? And if a seller lists his/her telephone number or email address in the ad, even non member googlers can "particpate." :n00b:

BTW, I really enjoy the forums and a lot of the Characters here! I read a whole lot more than I post.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks for calling me friendly... :) (I ignored the strict part)

There are reasons that people do need to use PMs to reach other people. Training would be one of those.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ....... Thank goodness I can post one liners now! Anyway, my point is, some of us NEWBS need the rules spelled out just a little clearer. ..............

Sorry, you must have at least 100 posts to be able to post one liners. :twocents:

You have to have more to be able to post one worders like

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It just disappoints me that people don't care about the amount of work that all of the members put into this site to keep it a nice place.

I have put more than my share of work into this site.

There are some rules that I dont think are necessary.

If the classified rule was to better the site, you wouldnt be able to buy in for 10.00 and circumvent the rule. If you took that I away I would agree with you.:rolleyes:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It reminds me of going to Canada and getting stopped at the border. If you have DWI in the US, it is a misdemeanor. In Canada its a felon, therefore you are not allowed into the country unless you pay a 225.00 tax.:laugh:

We know you break the laws of our land, but we will over look it for cash.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have put more than my share of work into this site.

There are some rules that I dont think are necessary.

If the classified rule was to better the site, you wouldnt be able to buy in for 10.00 and circumvent the rule. If you took that I away I would agree with you.:rolleyes:

People who are here and have over 50 quality posts have contributed to the site in an informational sense. Monetary contributions are also important as well. There are most definitely people who read this forum on a regular basis but do not contribute by posting. That is who they are and that's fine. A lot of those people donate money to keep the site going. That is just as equally as important.

The classified rule is most definitely to benefit the site. There would be MANY more people just hording everything up. They'd register, buy the gun, and leave only to be seen again if they are searching for another gun. At least if they give $10 to the site to be able to purchase that gun, then it's money to keep the site running.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Don't make me put you ^^^two to bed without your supper...:).

I don't post often, but it isn't a problem to come up with 50 quality posts, or the cash. I think it is a good way to at least discourage a few of the spammers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom