• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Jon Shoots Bullseye and this pistol just wouldn't cut it, but he really liked the gun so here is what I did.
    When he brought me the gun it would rattle when you shook it, everything was loose. I don't know what size groups it would print but it just wasn't competitive I guess :)

Here is the gun before:

This came in as a complete gun, I just forgot to snap some before pictures.
    Jon provided a Gunsmith fit Barstow barrel with the pistol.

Since the slide to frame fit was so poor, that was the first thing I needed to address by having the rails welded up and recut to fit the slide.

This one I had to send out but I hope from here on out I will be doing this in house.
    Once done this provided an excellent basis for building a nice accurate Bullseye pistol.
    Here is a shot of the rails after being welded up.
    Really nice precise fit.

Now that the slide and frame are matched up time to fit the barrel. Measure and cut barrel hood and lugs. I keep forgetting to get a pic of the lug cutting.
    I think fitting a oversize barrel in a 1911 is my favorite thing to do :)...I digress

enough already
    Couldn't get the slide stop in yet

Lugs after being cut:

I had to try several over sized bushings before I found a Wilson that was tight enough that it had to be fit to get it to go in.

When I cut the barrel lugs I cut them so the safety drops in the center of the safety notch:

Rear of slide hangs over a little but if I matched it up with the frame the safety would never click all the way into the notch. Doesn't really matter but this way I can blend the back and have a well fit safety also.

Blended rear end

Grip safety fit.
    I really like the way the Wilson grip safeties blend with the frame.

This will have a red dot mounted to the slide so I lowered and flared the ejection port

I don't have the actual red dot that will be on it so I dug this out of the closet so I could test fire the gun

It lasted a whole 12 shots.

Only other thing I had I could put on it was a Leopold :) it worked very well actually

Replaced and hand fit pretty much every part in the pistol. Fusion Match trigger group and controls, Smith Alexander 1 piece main spring housing and magwell, extended slide stop, extended ejector along with the Wilson grip safety and a set of VZ Alien grips with the turbo screws.

The good still have a couple minor things to do and should have the optics this week but I thought I was close enough to post some pics.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    not yet I need a better sight on it and relaxed time at the range. Jon will probably be better at shooting than me anyway, but I did shoot a 5 shot 2" group standing at 25 yards with it with the Leupold on it.
    I really need to get me a ransom rest

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Saying it rattled was an understatement. 25 years ago I was shooting bullseye for the Marines. At that young and dumb age I had no Idea what it cost to shoot bullseye. The corps issued me 3 match grade .45's and all the equipment to go with it. I loved the sport but stayed out of it for 20 years because of the cost. I picked up this gun from Britton @ 21st Century Firearms for some web/IT work in trade. I shot a couple thousand rounds thru it and was winning a lot in my class. Winning in the Marksman class is just not the same a competeing with the Masters I used to shot against. I thought it was my eyes, got that fixed and scores still the same. So I decided to go all out and see if it was the gun. I told Allen I did not care about looks just function and accuracy. Seeing what he has done with others made me want the full deal. That thing looks Awesome! We will get some targets posted real soon. I expect some real nice groups.;)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Allen, I understand that quite a few gunsmiths go ahead and cut out the section of the rail just forward of the plunger tube because of its tendency to crack there. Do you have any thoughts on that?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have seen that especially on the 10mm Delta Elites I know STI does it on their race guns and some of the others. This gun wont see any hard ball I cant imagine it would be a problem. But no it is food for thought

Top Bottom