• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm just think about getting a trust. I don't have any problem paying $200+ for a trust. I was just curious as to how the SilencerCo one compared.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Does it not seem that a company like that, with NFA products, selling trust info could draw the BATFE to say something like 'this is too easy' and cause more trouble in this area?

I did not read any links so maybe this was covered....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I went as far as I could without paying. They e-mail you everything after you pay for it. They state they follow state laws and also have a disclaimer about not giving legal advice.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I went as far as I could without paying. They e-mail you everything after you pay for it. They state they follow state laws and also have a disclaimer about not giving legal advice.

with the 250 to marc you get legal advice, and ALL of your questions answered, as well as lifetime support, and he will amend it at any point in the future for 25 bucks.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    with the 250 to marc you get legal advice, and ALL of your questions answered, as well as lifetime support, and he will amend it at any point in the future for 25 bucks.

That's probably the route I'll go. This Easy Trust seemss like a $49 DIY online trust tayolred to NFA items. I could be wrong but there is just not enough info on it.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I bought the trust from SilencerCo and got the pdf's in a few minutes. After you buy it, they'll email you a link and then that link is basically a simple webpage with easy questions. Who's the founder, who else is on the trust, where is it located, what do you want to call it, etc. When you're finished they email you a PDF with 3 documents. A what this trust is document. The trust document with all the blanks filled in with what you supplied and forms for notaries to sign and list property. And third doc is the adding new people to the trust form. I don't know how it compares to other trusts and wasn't too happy I couldn't review it before buying it but I'm sure I'll have to have some legal advice on it before going forward.

Alan

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I went through the relford law office in indy and paid 500 . a little steep but if I have legal issues then I already have a reputable 2a attorney on retainer.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Cool, just curious and tossing about what route I want to take, and want to think about an attorney. Thanks guys.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I completed mine yesterday and had it notarized today. Now do I send a copy of my trust to at atf when I apply for my form1? Just curious because I kniw form1 is online eFile.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I completed mine yesterday and had it notarized today. Now do I send a copy of my trust to at atf when I apply for my form1? Just curious because I kniw form1 is online eFile.

To e-file you will need to have an electronic version of your trust to upload during the submission of the form 1. You will need to scan your trust document(s). Mine is scanned into a PDF file.
    See this thread.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ng-trouble-filing-form1-batf-e-file-site.html

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The one from SilencerCo is just a DIY form that you can get for much cheaper elsewhere.

I used a form from US Legal Forms and had no problems from ATF. Lawyers are good, too.

Top Bottom