• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    After six years of hosting NFA Days, the organizing team has decided to not have the event this year.

NFA Day was originally started as an educational outreach to firearm enthusiasts who wanted to experience NFA items and perhaps begin the process of ownership. An Alumni Day was added the second year for folks who now had NFA items.

In the last two years, we've seen a decline in the number of people who were signing up for the first, or Noob, day. We have wondered if we have reached a point where much of the demand has been met.

We may decide to wait two or perhaps three years and then host another NFA Weekend. It's too far out to tell.

Additionally, the organizers were aware that their own energy level around the event was not as high as it once was.

So for these reasons, we've decided to forego the event this year.

The six NFA Weekend events have generated some of the best memories I have with the opportunity to shoot some fantastic firearms and hang out with many great INGOers. (I also think many members' avatars were created on those days!)

I'd like to personally thank the organizers for all their help in the past:
    -- shooter521
    -- VUPDBlue
    -- BigCriag
    -- esrice

For me individually, I will still be considering hosting other themed shooting events yet this year and in the years to come. Stay tuned. :)

lovemywoods

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Sad face...I had an amazing time last year and I am honored to have memory of a great even with great people. Thank you to everyone who has put anything into the past NFA days.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    This has been on my mind the last couple weeks. I'm sad to hear the news, but I completely understand. Thanks to everyone involved for all the great memories and my new addiction!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Nothing but Thanks to you, your family, and the planning crew, for what you done for so many INGO'ers! You all are a true blessing to this community!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I get this job offer next week, I will be moving to the Bloomington/Lawrence/Brown area. It would be nice to hook up with some people around the area. I don't know anything about NFA but I would like to learn.

I am about to finish up an AR build. I would like to get with some experienced folks to help me sight it in and give me some feedback on how it performs.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Thanks for hosting all those years! Your family and their hospitality is 2nd to none!

Let's be honest, I just signed up for the food :drool:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's a shame. I was lucky enough to get to attend noob day a couple of years ago. It still stands out as one of my fondest memories. You guys did an absolutely wonder job putting these on and I can imagine the work it takes to make them so successful.

If you're right LMW, and interest has waned a bit, maybe a little hiatus might be a good idea. I contacted ESRice last year to offer my assistance . That offer still stands when you guys get ready to do another one.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I am among the very fortunate to have attended the noob day in 2012, and to this day it's still the most fun I've ever had with firearms. Thank you so very much LMW and Mrs. LMW for such gracious hospitality in opening your doors to all of us! And to all that made NFA Day such a great experience. I promise you LMW it started me on a NFA journey that will never be finished.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Sad to hear this. I had such a fun time last year playing with everyone's expensive gear and meeting all my fellow INGOers. Even though I had experience with NFA items before attending the non-noob day, It was an experience I would never forget as I cannot afford (well my wife wont let me afford) any of those cool full autos. Thanks for all the work that went into hosting such an awesome experience.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    To this day I still talk about my experience at NFA Noob day. Sad to hear this news, but it is the best decision to make, before energy and interest completely dies out.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    I was hoping to be able to attend one of these events, I've seen some great pics in various threads. However I completely understand your decision, and I'm certain it wasn't an easy one. Maybe in a year or two! (I might even be able to help supply some of the toys by then!)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Sorry interest has dropped, but I am sure it will happen again.
    I am also hearing a request here for cool ideas for a theme based day...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The decision to discontinue NFA Days for the time being was something we didn't come to quickly or easily. Over the past 6 years the event has grown to something much larger than ourselves. From hosts, to organizers, to helpers, to vendors, to participants-- we considered each and every one of you.

Ultimately, however, we all agreed that this was the best course of action for all involved.

But rest assured we didn't drop NFA Day without first considering other possible future events. And we've got some really cool ideas brewing. Stay tuned for those.

And for anyone interested in a walk down memory lane. . . .

[video=youtube;D_1OXKqVwiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_1OXKqVwiQ[/video]

Top Bottom