• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Sorry guys but this will be a very slow thread but i did a little work on my m92 this week and here is what i have done so far. Basicly pressed everything on to the barrel i nothing has been pinned but the barrel pin hole has been drill and reamed to .3000.... i bought a us barrel for this one it was a little undersized so it had to be knurled to a good fitment.... all other holes need to be drilled including the 4 rivet holes in the front trunnion (placement is the same as a rommy for those that are wondering) Tax stamp wont get here till some time between oct-dec so thought i do as much as i can till then.... once im as far as a can legally build this lady i will start my russian aks74u and do the same
    2012-04-25154653.jpg

Last edited:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    It makes me mad too especially the barrel ban but this yugo will be a mutt Kyber Pass model NDS receiver Russian poly folder thats the reason for the poly handguards (man those are hard to find) the yugo pistol grip will be replaced with a us palm havnt decided on black or brown (wish they made a plum).... still got all the wood furniture and i have a extra skeleton folder if wish to change it later one.... but im digging the 20rd mags

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    i bought a us barrel for this one it was a little undersized so it had to be reamed to a good fitment....

How did you ream a undersized barrel to fit the trunnion, or was the chamber undersized?

Looks nice so far. I'm also working on a couple myself. One based on a M92 and the other a M85 front end.

Chuck

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    How did you ream a undersized barrel to fit the trunnion, or was the chamber undersized?

Looks nice so far. I'm also working on a couple myself. One based on a M92 and the other a M85 front end.

Chuck
    just the OD of the barrel where it fits into the trunnion seems alot of US barrels are undersized throw it on a lathe and knurled the out side the chamber is fine i triple checked that and it did head space just fine with out any problems... Sorry for the typo i fixed it but the reaming was just done for the barrel pin its a .3000 so slightly over sized compared to the normal barrel pin....i have extra .302 barrel pins so i said why not

and be sure you post your build pics i didnt start this thread for nothing now lol:rockwoot:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    What is the barrel ban?
    there no longer importing parts kit into the country with original barrels basicly forcing us to use US made barrel and there not always the greatest... the M92 i ordered i could have got a original barrel but i decided to use a chrome lined US barrel instead (well i should of gone with the original) But for now original barrels are becoming hard to find as they are drying up quickly

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Your skills make me sick!

The good news about you being you is when you shoot out your barrel you can just press in another.

Reference your need for a Plum tango down grip, you can take RIT "wine" dye and boil UsPalm "bakelite brown" and get russian/bulgarian plum!

SHAZAAM!
    picture.php

It's hard to tell due to the color of everything else, but it's a perfect match. The picture is below is even worse, but the MAK90 in the middle has a bulgarian plum stock and forend. The Maadi next to it is the one in the picture above. The grip matches the stock perfectly.

picture.php

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    not the greatest lighting the world but i can see the difference beautiful collection ... now the plum palm pistol grip is a must (how dare you tempt me with such possibilities) im guessing there mixing a water/dye mixture boiling it and placing the grip into the mix? how are they doing this process?

and sure hope not on that barrel but i take in alot of barrels people think they have messed up one of my local machine shops gives me call when they undersize them (they just throw them away otherwise)

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Buy this

0088596788100_180X180.jpg

and some of these
    6a0133ec985af6970b0133f1f86428970b-320wi

get a pot large enough to fully cover whatever it is that you want to dye. Add water, RIT DYE and turn on a burner.

Run a coat hanger through each of the items you wish to dye.

Much like an easter egg, dip the items in the simmering dye filled water for a minute or whatever until you get close to the color you want. Then you'll pull them out sooner and check the color more frequently until it reaches Plum.

If you screw up, go buy this and repeat :)

RIT15L_1.jpg

You can't really tell from my earlier picture but the grip and magazine look almost black in normal light. They match Plum so perfectly i often get compliments. One Source Tactical had a sale on Bakelite brown mags a while ago and i wish i had purchased more as i can't seem to fine ((10))'s anymore.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    this is great info thank you i even have the dye left over from my psl refinishing just need the pistol grip now... any problems with the dye transferring to your hand when handling the weapon? i know your pain on the circle 10's i have countless Russian plums (that ill never part with) but maybe one or two circle 10's they have really dried up (loved the price on those guys) should have bought some more when i had the chance

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Your skills make me sick!

The good news about you being you is when you shoot out your barrel you can just press in another.

Reference your need for a Plum tango down grip, you can take RIT "wine" dye and boil UsPalm "bakelite brown" and get russian/bulgarian plum!

SHAZAAM!
    picture.php

This rifle is so sexy I almost fell over! :bowdown:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    No problem at all. It's the same process UsPalm uses to dye them more or less and it also works on other plastics/nylon as well. Back when i was 15 i used to race RC cars with some folks. Everyone pretty much drove the exact same car. to differentiate myself i dyed all of the white nylon parts blue. It was nice as i could gouge the plastic and it'd still be blue all the way through. Had i just panted the parts the color would scratch off and it'd be white underneath.

Top Bottom