• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    ok so i filled out the application online for a 4 year personal protection permit and the total came to $40.95. I set up an appointment with L-1 or whatever they are called to have my finger prints taken at a holiday inn on monday at 3. So i go there i tell the guy my name he asks me for my id reads me off information that i had put on my application and takes the money order. He then takes my finger prints got on his little note pad and wrote me what looked like a doctors note but it just had my name his name and a number on it.

Ok so now im here its been 5 days since i have done it and i dont know if i had done it correctly. I tried to call marion county today but their offices were closed and tommarow is sunday so there closed all day. To be a little honest with you im a little freaked out because i dont know if i have to go to the marion county police department or what i have to do. Could anyone help me out it would help me from wigging out so much.

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Not sure about Marion county but in Hamilton county they finger print you right on the spot.
    Also, why didnt you go for the lifetime? It won't be around by the time your 4 year expires.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Who can know for sure, but it would not surprise me. Take a look at the direction our country is headed.[/quote]

Read the news. Right now the trend is TOWARD gun ownership!
    Guns and ammo are STILL selling at elevated rates. I just saw a news story the other day that said Americans have bought more than 12 BILLION rounds of ammo, SO FAR THIS YEAR! This is up 3 Billion rounds over last year!

Couple that with the fact that handgun purchases have been on an upward trend since before Obama's election, and it shows CLEARLY that the national consensus right now is in FAVOR of personal gun ownership.

Even the U.K. Times ran a story last week that said the "Women only" gun safety classes are on the rise in the U.S. As a matter of fact, Women only gun classes are more popular in the U.S. than anywhere else.

I also saw another story last week that said women in CHICAGO are now the fastest growing demographic purchasing handguns!

I have absolutely NO use for Obama, or his administration, but he IS responsible for arming America to the TEETH!

Stevenlong8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Monroe Co.
    Come to monroe county, my app for the lifetime had a turnaround in one day, ready to send off on monday, fingerprinting is done right there as well.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I'm in Marion County, and I went to the first floor of the City-County building. I've never heard of it being done at a Holiday Inn.

ETA: Try as I may, I can't find anything to lead me to any other conclusion than that you were scammed. Please, somebody, prove me wrong.

Last edited:

juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Well that wasnt the only location there was about 20 differen locations i could choose from around indy i didnt go down town to thoes locations because i dont like going down town and that was just the most convienent location it was from L-1 identity solutions enrollment

husker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Hamilton County

juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Ok i finally have all the info i need. SOOO the money i gave to L-1 was the finger printing fee and the federal government fee i STILL have to go to the city county buidling downtown and pay the state fee. So if your doing this in marion county DONT. All it did was charge me an extra ten dollars for my finger prints and make me have to go someplace else to be finger printed. It just added another step and another destination and another fee. Just do it in the city county building.

juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Ok i finally have all the info i need. SOOO the money i gave to L-1 was the finger printing fee and the federal government fee i STILL have to go to the city county buidling downtown and pay the state fee. So if your doing this in marion county DONT. All it did was charge me an extra ten dollars for my finger prints and make me have to go someplace else to be finger printed. It just added another step and another destination and another fee. Just do it in the city county building.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Federal Gov't fee? Does the Atty. Gen. of the State of Indiana know about L-1 Identity and their thieving ways? Or is this the way Mitch Daniels is "streamlining" state government?

ETA: an extra $10? you said you gave the guy from L-1 $40.95. did any of that $$ make it to where it should have? I am anxious to hear about how you put L-1 in their place. btw- where did you even hear about, or get the idea to go to L-1? I want to make sure nobody else ends up in this situation.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    LTCH processing fees are mandated by state law. They can't just make stuff up and randomly charge you. Yours should have come to exactly $40. $10 goes to the local law enforcement for the fingerprinting and local background check, the other $30 goes to the ISP for the licensing process.

IC 35-47-2-3
    Application for license to carry handgun; procedure

*snip*

The superintendent and local law enforcement agencies shall allow an applicant desiring to obtain or renew a license to carry a handgun to submit an application electronically under this chapter if funds are available to establish and maintain an electronic application system.
    (b) The law enforcement agency which accepts an application for a handgun license shall collect the following application fees:
    (1) From a person applying for a four (4) year handgun license, a ten dollar ($10) application fee, five dollars ($5) of which shall be refunded if the license is not issued.
    (2) From a person applying for a lifetime handgun license who does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license, a fifty dollar ($50) application fee, thirty dollars ($30) of which shall be refunded if the license is not issued.
    (3) From a person applying for a lifetime handgun license who currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license, a forty dollar ($40) application fee, thirty dollars ($30) of which shall be refunded if the license is not issued.

IC 35-47-2-4
    Qualified or unlimited licenses to carry handguns; fees; exemptions from payment of fees
    *snip*

(b) In addition to the application fee, the fee for:
    (1) a qualified license shall be:
    (A) five dollars ($5) for a four (4) year qualified license;
    (B) twenty-five dollars ($25) for a lifetime qualified license from a person who does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license; or
    (C) twenty dollars ($20) for a lifetime qualified license from a person who currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license; and
    (2) an unlimited license shall be:
    (A) thirty dollars ($30) for a four (4) year unlimited license;
    (B) seventy-five dollars ($75) for a lifetime unlimited license from a person who does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license; or
    (C) sixty dollars ($60) for a lifetime unlimited license from a person who currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom