• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I purchased a new Beretta 92FS last weekend here in Fort Wayne. This is my first ever firearm. I asked the dealer who told me that I needed to go down to the local Police Station to apply for the carry permit.

So I drove on down where I was told they only accept the applications on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. But they gave me an instruction sheet and suggested I actually make the Indiana State Police application on line, which they said would speed up the process. (For other newbies out there the url is ISP: Home)

So I went home, and upon completing the application for a Lifetime Personal Protection permit was given the option on registering with L1-Identity solutions for my fingerprinting. This cost only $10.95 (would have cost me $7 at the FWPD) and was able to pay for the fee and also the $75 fee online through L1. This saved me from having to go buy a money order. I scheduled my finger printing for Monday at noon.

On Monday I went downtown and was fingerprinted digitally with a scanner (would have been inked up at FWPD) and then went to the police station with $50 cash and 4 stamps. All in all including the driving the whole process took less than an hour.

Now the unbelievable news considering how long things normally take when the government is involved. My permit was in my mailbox yesterday, only 3 days! Woohoo!

Just wanted to share my experience.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I purchased a new Beretta 92FS last weekend here in Fort Wayne. This is my first ever firearm. I asked the dealer who told me that I needed to go down to the local Police Station to apply for the carry permit.

So I drove on down where I was told they only accept the applications on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. But they gave me an instruction sheet and suggested I actually make the Indiana State Police application on line, which they said would speed up the process. (For other newbies out there the url is ISP: Home)

So I went home, and upon completing the application for a Lifetime Personal Protection permit was given the option on registering with L2-Identity solutions for my fingerprinting. This cost only $10.95 (would have cost me $7 at the FWPD) and was able to pay for the fee and also the $75 fee online through L2. This saved me from having to go buy a money order. I scheduled my finger printing for Monday at noon.

On Monday I went downtown and was fingerprinted digitally with a scanner (would have been inked up at FWPD) and then went to the police station with $50 cash and 4 stamps. All in all including the driving the whole process took less than an hour.

Now the unbelievable news considering how long things normally take when the government is involved. My permit was in my mailbox yesterday, only 3 days! Woohoo!

3 days!!!!
    Dang! :rockwoot:

Congrats!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ...suggested I actually make the Indiana State Police application on line, which they said would speed up the process. (For other newbies out there the url is ISP: Home)

An experience I'll never know!

I received my lifetime permit about 3 months after they began offering them.
    Mine took close to 4 weeks to process though!
    Maybe computers ARE good for something. I'll reserve judgment for now.

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    We'll see if it was a fluke. My wife applied for hers 2 days later on Wednesday. If hers comes tomorrow or Monday then maybe part of the speed IS because of the L2 finger printing.

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I don't believe luck had anything to do with it as my middle name is 'unlucky'. :)

However I am "ready to go" none the less. :ar15:

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana

So I went home, and upon completing the application for a Lifetime Personal Protection permit was given the option on registering with L2-Identity solutions for my fingerprinting. This cost only $10.95 (would have cost me $7 at the FWPD) and was able to pay for the fee and also the $75 fee online through L2. This saved me from having to go buy a money order. I scheduled my finger printing for Monday at noon.

Ooh baby! Wife's permit came today. Another 3 day turn around. Submitted at FWPD on Wednesday. :)

Top Bottom