Clackamas Mall Shooter Was Confonted By Concealed Carrier (Oregon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I hope there are corroborating witnesses.

It would make sense though as the event seemed to get shut down early and there is no explanation of why so far.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I hope there are corroborating witnesses.

It would make sense though as the event seemed to get shut down early and there is no explanation of why so far.

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure he didn't kill himself in response to police presence or fire. That could be wrong. I wasn't there.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    When tactical pressure is applied to to active shooters, they generally respond by killing themselves or surrendering. Seldom do they do this before that pressure is applied. Seems in this case it was applied by an armed citizen without a shot being fired. Good job.

It won't get reported. It's been overshadowed by more recent events already.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When tactical pressure is applied to to active shooters, they generally respond by killing themselves or surrendering. Seldom do they do this before that pressure is applied. Seems in this case it was applied by an armed citizen without a shot being fired. Good job.

It won't get reported. It's been overshadowed by more recent events already.

You're probably right (on both aspects).

And quite likely the difference in the resolution of both events will be ignored too.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think it would have been reported even if nothing else had happened. The media would have made up stories before they would have allowed widespread reporting of this. It is a narrative that doesn't fit their agenda.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I hope that someone is able to verify beyond a shadow of any doubt that this is indeed a factual statement. Because if this is...then we have the evidence that we need to support our position.

If this is factual, we can show that gun control laws would not stop these mass killings. More armed law abiding citizens is what we need to stop these events.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Hats off to him and his situational awareness. He could have easily started playing cowboy and popped off a bunch of rounds. Instead, he made the decision that he could hit civilians, but he never took his eyes off the shooter or lowered his weapon. I do believe that he saved many lives that day.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    had heard about this, not on here. I am sure it will not go very far with the media, cause there was not a lot of blood, so no leads. As already stated, most of these mass shooters when confronted, surrender or kill themselves. Most seem to be going out for the press, instead of just offing themselves, cause the media loves giving that evil a spotlight. Another story I had read stated it, how many remember the names of the victims of Columbine, yet we remember the names of the shooters. Same with every other shooter. We need to stop posting anything on the shooters. Deny them any and everything to get them famous and I am sure they will stop happening. Like the NCIS episode, the guy wanted to be a famous serial killer going against Gibbs, so Gibbs made it so the name could not be released, since he was a terrorist, and would never get his credit. And yes, I know NCIS (the show) is not true, but still had a good point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hope that someone is able to verify beyond a shadow of any doubt that this is indeed a factual statement. Because if this is...then we have the evidence that we need to support our position.

If this is factual, we can show that gun control laws would not stop these mass killings. More armed law abiding citizens is what we need to stop these events.

Either way this is news that should be reported. But the media certainly won't vet it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Like others I'd love to find out more about this and hopefully it's true. Great job by Mr. Meli, he is truly a hero in my opinion. This just restates what we here on INGO have been saying since day 1 about properly trained individuals carrying legally. I agree with repeter1977 110% on his statement about the shooters names. To hell with the shooter, lets remember and honor the innocent lifes taken instead of wasting a breath on pure evilness.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Good find.

I submitted a link to the local news outlets for their perusal.

Doubt it will get air time though.

Nice to know there are more like us willing to do the right thing.

Top Bottom