• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    is it just me or is there a big difference between norther and southern indiana? it seems like the farther north you go the more liberal they get.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Hey, when it's just the tax payers money your playing fast and lose with who cares right?

Let them be the test case. After that I think that we will see municipalities falling in line real quick.

Remember folks, this is pretty much a free deal according to the law. Lawyers fees etc. in the damages.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Hey, when it's just the tax payers money your playing fast and lose with who cares right?

Let them be the test case. After that I think that we will see municipalities falling in line real quick.

Remember folks, this is pretty much a free deal according to the law. Lawyers fees etc. in the damages.
    i wish that was true but when it comes to government employees they have no downside. the only ones who lose are the productive members of society. the taxpayers foot the bill for thier corrupt actions and they get a paid vacation and a promotion. judges,politicians,cops,dog catchers etc etc. if they was actually held responsible for thier actions like the rest of us things might change.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You have to wonder, since the council members and the mayor KNOWINGLY voted to maintain an illegal policy, can they be held PERSONALLY LIABLE in the court of law and can a lawsuit ask to have them pay the damages/court costs PERSONALLY instead of having the citizens pay via their tax dollars?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    funny how the times online buried that story real quick, it was published at 6:30 this evening (three hours ago) go ahead, try finding it on the nwitimes.com webpage. yeah, the link works and the story's still there but it sure ain't out there for all to see!!! go figure :dunno:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    If the mayor and council are anti-gun, then why would they allow a company like Cabela's to open a store there? I believe Cabela's is a major player in the retail gun trade and that would mean that a lot of the city's revenue is directly related to gun sales.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If the mayor and council are anti-gun, then why would they allow a company like Cabela's to open a store there? I believe Cabela's is a major player in the retail gun trade and that would mean that a lot of the city's revenue is directly related to gun sales.

Absolutely untrue.

But if you think it might be true then please enlighten us on how it could be.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Absolutely untrue.

But if you think it might be true then please enlighten us on how it could be.

Well let see, how many people come to Hammond for the specific purpose of going to Cabela's? Of those people, how many will spend money going to restaurants, getting gas, stopping at other stores while in Hammond. How much in taxes does Cabela's pay the city of Hammond, how much revenue is derived from visitors going to Cabela's. Believe it or not, Cabela's is somewhat a little tourist attraction, therefore money flows into the town because of Cabela's. Why would Hammond or any other city want a Cabela's, maybe because it makes their city MONEY?

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The state law trumps the city's ordinance, which bans deadly weapons in all city buildings.

Wait, you aren't allowed to bring shoelaces into city buildings? What about a metal coat hanger? A plastic shopping bag? A pair of crutches? Or a belt with a heavy buckle on it? I was not allowed into the city county building in Indianapolis with my belt because the buckle was deemed "too large". Apparently they've had problems with people taking their belts off and swinging them around, using the weighted buckle as a flail.

The difference between a weapon and a harmless object is merely the manner in which you intend to use it.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Here we go again. Some stupid law that is trying to say us law abiding CC people are the same as the a-holes who are running around with illegal guns creating problems.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Let's see, :scratch:, I know, if the problem in Hammond is gun violence, then it can't be the citizens wanting to protect themselves that's causing the violence. Why take the guns from them? Take them from the people causing the violence.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    If any Hammond residents have been adversely affected by the illegal Hammond gun ban and are interested in challenging the city's ordinances, please PM me.

By "adversely affected," I mean that you have been prevented from carrying a firearm onto city property for fear of being charged with a violation of a Hammond city ordinance since 7/1/2011, and your possession and carrying of that firearm would have otherwise been entirely lawful (e.g., you have a valid LTCH).

Guy

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well let see, how many people come to Hammond for the specific purpose of going to Cabela's? Of those people, how many will spend money going to restaurants, getting gas, stopping at other stores while in Hammond. How much in taxes does Cabela's pay the city of Hammond, how much revenue is derived from visitors going to Cabela's. Believe it or not, Cabela's is somewhat a little tourist attraction, therefore money flows into the town because of Cabela's. Why would Hammond or any other city want a Cabela's, maybe because it makes their city MONEY?

Now you are getting close to proving yourself wrong. Despite the fact that Cabelas is a 'destination' for many people it does not bring in much as a % of the city's budget. You clearly indicated that a lot of the city's revenue is directly related to gun sales. You are a long way away from proving that, and I suspect that any revenues derived from Cabela's TOTAL contribution to the city amount to less than 1% of the city budget. I've been a business owner in NW Indiana my whole life, currently own industrial property in NWI as well as retail stores. I can assure you that your assumptions are very far from reality.

But I'm still waiting for you to prove yourself.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Indiana needs to copy Florida. Preemption laws don't work unless there is a penalty for violating them. Local legislators can create such restrictions more easily and rapidly than civil suits can get them removed. Right now, local politicians in Florida are scrambling to remove local firearms restrictions because a law was passed that can impose penalties of a $5000 personal fine and removal from office for enacting or enforcing such laws.

Gun Rights Win in Florida: State Law Will End Local Restrictions | TheBlaze.com

Compiling a substantial list of such violations in Indiana can be a first step towards getting some of our 2A-friendly state legislators to introduce similar legislation.

Top Bottom