• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Fuming a bit here. I just tried to get some help at Kinko's with making copies of my LTCH. I found the right colored paper, but couldn't keep the copies from coming out dark. The manager on duty told me they couldn't make copies of it and I was supposed to request copies at $20/each. I tried to be polite and ask the question why and all she would do is say "they told us not to". She couldn't answer who "they" were. I never raised my voice, but she quickly did. I continued to smile while her face got a little redder with each word. I told her I was done frequenting the store and would visit the UPS store across the parking lot from now on. ;)

So how are you guys getting the copies done where they aren't dark? The lady at the UPS Store couldn't figure it out.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kinko's did something similar to me ,claimed it must have anti -copy technology cause it kept coming out blurry

LOL

The copier is picking up the pink background.

Set the density/darkness up about 3 steps and it will drop the background.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Kinko's did something similar to me ,claimed it must have anti -copy technology cause it kept coming out blurry

Facepalm-1.jpeg

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It must be a color copier. It is picking on the pink shading when it scans the image. Use a B&W copier. I had the same issue with my copies coming out dark at FedEx.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    ive worked at a ups store for 2 1/2 years now... never turned anyone down to copy their ltch. had some good conversations with gun owners over the years too when i tell them i have mine, etc.

get the pink paper and set the brightness all the way to light. second tip, if you shrink it to like 95% zoom, it seems like its the same size, but makes it fit in a credit card slot in your wallet. mine fit in full size, but i have had customers complain about them being too long.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    second tip, if you shrink it to like 95% zoom, it seems like its the same size, but makes it fit in a credit card slot in your wallet.

I did this and it does indeed work quite well. You can't tell a difference at all, as most people cut theirs out slightly larger/smaller anyway.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I copied mine on my regular 3 in 1 HP printer and it worked great. I can't tell the original from the others.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I called the ISP just before they shut it down for the day at 4. I was told I could copy as one of the others in the FAQ thread was told. I called the kinkos and spoke to the manager who shut me down. I explained that I'd spoken to SP, who issue the permit, and was told I could copy it. At that point she started backpedaling. Apparently she's going to do some research and find find out if it's just a company policy. She seemed really conflicted and surprised that I was calm about it and thanked me for my followup. She assured she me that she doesn't want to pass along bad information to other customers in the future. I asked when I could call to follow up with her. She wasn't sure, but she did encourage me to check back in a couple of weeks.:rolleyes:

I have her first name, so I'll call once a week and ask for her until she gets tired of me asking a legitimate question and finally finds out the answer.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    The Indiana code is silent on copying a license. However, it does allow for duplicates to be made by the superintendent for $20.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Your problem was that you were using a color printer. The scanner scans a pink image, and then precedes to print a pink picture onto already pink paper, resulting in a darker image. You need to use a black and white printer, and print onto the correct color paper.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I refuse to use FedEx. I was treated extremely rudely the last time I shipped a package through them because I was OCing. I haven't been back since---I take my business elsewhere.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom