• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Today my fiance and I met up with some other INGO'ers and open carried at IHOP. It was great.

A buddy of mine came up from Lafayette and open carried as well. We got there and NWI40Cal was there with his fiance standing outside. I wouldn't have realized who it was but he had an XD on his hip. :rockwoot:A little bit later Prometheus showed up with his family and we went in.

After going inside I felt like EVERYONE was staring at us. 9 people with 5 open carrying. As a first timer this was nerve racking. We got our table fairly quickly (for a very busy day) and had GREAT service!

Thanks everyone for making this happen. This is proof that there are INGO'ers from NWI!!!!!:rockwoot:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Yeah okay, so when is our next outing? I'm thinking/hoping for it to be next month or so. It was good with 5, but will be better with 2 or 3 tables of 5. I had a blast, and was talking about it until after I left the range at 1630 or so. Next tim we should pick a "closer to rt 10" locale, or heck maybe go to J-P at light some $hiznit up! Of course, weather will tell us how its gonna be.

Anyone down for the OC events PM me we will get it rolling again. I think this time with a month instead of a week, (and me remembering about OCDO) we can get a bigger turnout. :ar15::ar15:
    :+1: to turnandshoot4, Dustin, and Prometheus (and Mrs. Prometheus) for showing up.

Since I'm an ass about XD's, I have more ammo for being an ass. (3 out of 5 prefer XD. :laugh:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    After going inside I felt like EVERYONE was staring at us. 9 people with 5 open carrying. As a first timer this was nerve racking. We got our table fairly quickly (for a very busy day) and had GREAT service!

It does happen sometimes, but the first few times you do it, it feels like people are staring a lot more than they really are because you are nervous and sensitive to every glance in your direction. It's a lot like when you carry concealed at first; you get the feeling everyone who sees you knows that you're carrying.

I think it's because even though we know intellectually that we're not doing anything wrong (and in fact are doing something very right), we still have some subconscious programming due to the pu**ification of society trying to force us to believe that 1) you should not take responsibility for your own safety, and 2) guns are bad and people who have them are bad.

You'll get over the feeling, but you should always be aware of anyone who is watching you. You never know WHY, and it might not be for good reasons.

I'm pretty much an expert at living with people staring at me. :D

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    +1 for rhino. You get over the stares quick, but like rhino said, you still have to be aware the stares are there, you never know whos scoping you to mug you. Even though most don't, some criminals DO still have muchos grandes cajones.

Stay safe :ar15:

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Sorry I missed this one, side work came up. I've been OC'ing for about a month now, without any problems. Setting up something once a month would be great. Something like the first Saturday or Sunday of every month, and just switch which location. I went to a meet-up recently and had a great time

@NWI40cal, I'll PM you once I have the required amount of posts on the board. I like that safety feature.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Open carry is legal. You have a license to carry. Not conceal carry. You can do either. I don't think Fenway would be too happy with me if I was telling everyone how I broke the law!:)

As long as there is not sign prohibiting carrying they can only ask you to leave. Now if you don't, that's trespassing.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Let me know

Add me to the list for some open carry events!!!! Society needs to get used to people exercising their rights. Before Obama and Biden take them away...

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Signs themselves might not, but you've got to be a moron to open carry in a park etc where there are no-carrying signs, or in a gun store where they specifically say not to. I know many instances where even in gun stores open carrying might get you a quick :draw: from the shop clerk. ;)

I don't know, I guess I just prefer not to be arrested or shot lol...

Dragnut06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    South Bend
    well congrats on ur cherry poppin! im still a little nervous too. I just dont wanna draw attention to myself, or scare anyone.but ehh its my right to do so.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    My first time open carrying, heading to buy ammo shortly afer recieving my LTCH early last summer, I wasn't nervous at all. I think my friend I was with (my shooting buddy) was nervous someone would make a scene.

Top Bottom