Who Carries Two Pistols? Who sees it as unreasonable behaviour?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I personally do not carry two pistols. I have before when I lived in Cincinnati and went downtown. I can see the tactical applications of carrying one around the ankle or in deep concealment in addition to one in the hip area (not going into the OC/CC debate here...).

How many of you carry more than one firearm? How many of you do it nearly every day.

Also, whoever says "If you need more than one handgun, you're already farked to begin with" is getting pistol whipped. That goes without saying.

:ingo:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I carry one and don't carry a spare magazine.

I realize that many here think I'm crazy but the odds (and I am playing the odds) are that I will never use my gun at all. But in the horrible chance that I do use it the odds are that I will only need 1 or 2 bullets.

Take a look at crime data from the FBI, unless you are a LEO, or unless you are in some sort of drug/gang confrontation, then the typical shootout involves a total of 3 shots fired. Now there is some evidence that as more current data is added then it could be argued that the typical current event we might encounter may include a total of 4 shots. Still, it is very unlikely that I would be in a drug/gang encounter. I don't do drugs, am too old to be in a gang, and don't frequent places where either drugs or gang wars are prevalent.

I have far more rounds available in my house guns than in my carry guns. There is a reason for that!!!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    this is a repost.... somebody did a poll not to long ago about how many people carry two guns...
    i do at times, when i feel like it, and sometimes just for practice so if times ever change and i need to carry two, i am already used to it, and have trained with the differant draw techniques.... my second gun is normally a smith model 642 in either a weak side poket holster, or a galco ankle glove, and i am sneaky fast with the ankle draw.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I carry one and don't carry a spare magazine.

I realize that many here think I'm crazy but the odds (and I am playing the odds) are that I will never use my gun at all. But in the horrible chance that I do use it the odds are that I will only need 1 or 2 bullets.

Take a look at crime data from the FBI, unless you are a LEO, or unless you are in some sort of drug/gang confrontation, then the typical shootout involves a total of 3 shots fired. Now there is some evidence that as more current data is added then it could be argued that the typical current event we might encounter may include a total of 4 shots. Still, it is very unlikely that I would be in a drug/gang encounter. I don't do drugs, am too old to be in a gang, and don't frequent places where either drugs or gang wars are prevalent.

I have far more rounds available in my house guns than in my carry guns. There is a reason for that!!!

Basically the same way I look at it. I too only carry the magazine that's in my gun (10 rounds .45).

AND......wait for it......I ONLY CARRY 10 ROUNDS NOT 10+1 :wtf:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I only carry one, with one magazine in the gun (on me total). If I ever have to use it, I don't want to be searched and MISrepresented by a public defender or public attorney as 'looking for trouble'. I think having a minimum, FOR ME FOLKS, will help my case; if, it ever comes to using it.

I personally do not carry two pistols. I have before when I lived in Cincinnati and went downtown. I can see the tactical applications of carrying one around the ankle or in deep concealment in addition to one in the hip area (not going into the OC/CC debate here...).

How many of you carry more than one firearm? How many of you do it nearly every day.

Also, whoever says "If you need more than one handgun, you're already farked to begin with" is getting pistol whipped. That goes without saying.

:ingo:

Badbjd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Winamac, IN
    If I am carrying my G19 then it is along with no spare mag.
    If I am carrying my LCP then I keep a spare mag with me.
    I also carry a knife with either pistol.
    On rare occasions I carry a spare mag with the glock or carry both pistols.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It varies with me. I (and MANY others) do not think it is unreasonable.

Why stop at two?

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy
    I carry 2 when I feel like it. But when I only carry 1 I always have a spare mag with me. Hell I always have a spare mag when carring period, one or 2 pistols.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    You beat me to it Mospeada Quoting Clint. I usually carry one but I like 2 on some occasions. Example in winter a snubby in a coat pocket is much quicker than digging for a primary weapon under a layer or 2 of heavy clothing. I also like idea of 2 weapons that share a common magazine. Glock 22 on hip Glock 27 in pocket This combo can be comforting given that everything made by the hand of man will fail one day and my luck today is the day.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I only carry 2 when I go to the range, lcp on ankle and M&P on hip. I don't see anything wrong with carrying 2 pistols but I don't feel I need to regularly.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I carry a matching pair of Desert Eagles, four spare mags, two knives, and nunchucks.
    It's never too much! :D

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Depending on where I am going, in the summer I sometimes carry a J frame in a pocket holster in my left pocket while also carrying a Glock 30 or 1911 strong side right. Now in the winter while I will carry one of the same guns that I carry in the summer strong side or in a shoulder holster, I will carry the j frame in my right coat pocket. Why, you might ask, because it's very hard to get to draw a gun while wearing a coat and I can walk around with my hand on the J frame and no one is the wiser. Plus I can deploy the J frame a lot quicker from a coat pocket than I can deploy one of the other guns from under a winter coat.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Colour me excited. Now off to run like the clappers to answer this post and then grab my mack and take the lift to the car.

I carry three. Starboard and portside on belt. Smith J frame (638 or 649) on the ankle.

I'm not breaking any laws. It's not the odds, it's the stakes.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I carry 2 guns most of the time, the New York reload is faster for me then any thing else.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have carried two guns before. The sub-compact Glocks are great in ankle holsters. It is nice to also be able use the full-size and compact size magazines in the sub-compacts if need be. I doubt I will every carry two guns anymore. To me, a more tactical two gun carry would be during the winter. Drop a non-exposed hammer revolver into your jacket pocket. If you got held up or started to get beat while outside in a parking lot, you could just point and pull and shoot through the jacket pocket. To me that makes more sense than needing an extra pistol carried on the ankle or waist.

Top Bottom