• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • proshot04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    indianapolis
    So i am trying to get back in shape and jogging is one thing i am doing. The problem is i don't like being unarmed if any one has any ideas or suggestions of what they do/use. i currently carry a xdm compact.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Sturdy belt and holster. I have done some running/sprinting with my 1911 and even with th heavy gun, running and jumping were not uncomfortable at all. I would rather have a compact XDM for the weight.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    LOL at HHollow!!! how about a 80# ruck with 210 rnds, Colt M-4 Carbine, PVS-14 Gen 3+ Nightvision; along with full chemical charcoal suit on with rubber boots and of course an NBC gas mask....
    oh wait been there, done that.....got the disguisting salt stained brown T-Shirts to prove it!!! NOW THAT WAS A WORK OUT!!!!!

Ok, on a serious note....Glock 43 single stack....very light weight and easy to conceal....and it's still a 9mm

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'd go with a fanny pack and or some of the other on body options out there. My dad has used a belly band, but it's not my thing. Some guys wear workout pants and get something on their ankle. I have used a pocket gun with a holster that has strong retention. Another easy thing to do would be to run on a treadmill. It'd most likely be safer than out on the road also. If I am really working out though having something on my body sucks. I used to run sprints and shoot during the workout and even that isn't like running "free" for a workout. Fanny pack may be the easiest way to go, and most distance runners have them anyhow.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I got a tshirt at a gunshow that has velcro holsters attached at the ribs. It works great for bike rides and jogs.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Wear bike/athletic type shorts under cargo / cut off shorts - carry Glock 26 in IWB or OWB (CC or OC - ZFG) holster on sturdy belt - with spare mag, light, knife, and phone for GPS. ... YMMV.

Good Luck. I need to get back to it too.

I need a 4 footed running partner - miss my old buddy ...

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I started running last year, but stopped due to weather. Last year I was using a DeSantis belly band for a Ruger LCR .357. This year I also started with that holster. The problem with the belly band was that I couldn't get it tight enough (I had the medium). I'm a thin build and had even lost some weight before taking up running this spring. This year I have ran 1.5 miles a few times, then 2.0 miles once, then have ran 3.5 miles twice.

The DeSantis band is nylon, with no rubber backing or anything, so sweat is absorbed through the band. This is one issue I didn't like, so I started looking for other options. I was actually putting my cell phone and LTCH in a zip lock bag and placed it in a slot in the band. For the gun, I was having to fold a plastic bag and place it between my shorts (I had to wear the band at the waist for comfort) and the band. While observing a recent running event, I saw that the upper arm bands for cell phones were really popular and decided I would go that route. The DeSantis band holster is tight, but recently it started to loosen up. One time I was running and the gun actually slide upwards a bit out of the band. You can tell where there are places in the nylon that are no longer as tight as well due to being stretched around the gun.

Since I didn't want to use the band anymore, I started searching and found the 5.11 Select Carry. I like the design because you could actually use it for a full size Glock if you wanted. It doesn't look or feel too bulky given the smaller main compartment (for larger guns it utilizes space in the triangle areas band. It has a quick release strap and some internal straps as well. I ordered one and used it once so far (I have only ran once since getting it). It worked great. While it doesn't really have a rubber coating on the back, it is thick so it would take a lot of sweat to penetrate through to the gun. There are also small side triangle shape pouches I am able to put a speed strip in.

If you decide to go this route and you can deal with red and gray, here is a place that is having a great deal on that color. Also, if you enter "FREESHIP" in the coupon code area, they give you free shipping. Here is the link:

5.11 Select Carry Pistol Pouch @ TacticalGear.com

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't care what size the gun is, running with a gun is going to suck big ass. Carry a pocket knife that's clipped to your shorts instead. Better yet, have a knife on one side, and pepper spray on the other.

It's hot out. And you're running. If you are doing it right, you will be sweating.

Forget about the gun. Use a different tool in your toolbox.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    I don't care what size the gun is, running with a gun is going to suck big ass....

I carry a Taurus TCP in a Nathan running belt and have had good results.

pDSP1-7379458p275w.jpg

The pouch is small, but the TCP JUST fits. I initially had issues with rust as I had the blued version, but upgraded to a stainless slide and gtg now. Have logged hundred of miles the last couple of summers, some runs as long as 13 miles. The running belt carries 8 oz water bottles, and the TCP doesn't weigh much more than that. I usually just use one bottle, with the belt spun around behind me. Water bottle at about 6:30 and the pouch with TCP at about 5:30. Seems to balance well and doesn't bounce. MP3 player clips to the elastic belt. Allows me to run shirtless when the weather gets warm. Some of the other carry options posted here look interesting though. Might have to check them out for other outdoor activities.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you like working out why not carry something heavier? Or even a rifle.

LOL at HHollow!!! how about a 80# ruck with 210 rnds, Colt M-4 Carbine, PVS-14 Gen 3+ Nightvision; along with full chemical charcoal suit on with rubber boots and of course an NBC gas mask....
    oh wait been there, done that.....got the disguisting salt stained brown T-Shirts to prove it!!! NOW THAT WAS A WORK OUT!!!!!

Ok, on a serious note....Glock 43 single stack....very light weight and easy to conceal....and it's still a 9mm

I don't care what size the gun is, running with a gun is going to suck big ass. Carry a pocket knife that's clipped to your shorts instead. Better yet, have a knife on one side, and pepper spray on the other.

It's hot out. And you're running. If you are doing it right, you will be sweating.

Forget about the gun. Use a different tool in your toolbox.

I agree definitely a long gun.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Funny that this threads comes up today. This morning a jogger here supposedly shot herself while jogging in the park. Originally story was that a BG jumped out from a wooded area and shot her in the leg(s) but later she confessed that she accidentally shot herself. Oops.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Funny that this threads comes up today. This morning a jogger here supposedly shot herself while jogging in the park. Originally story was that a BG jumped out from a wooded area and shot her in the leg(s) but later she confessed that she accidentally shot herself. Oops.

That's sad. I wonder if the firearm wasn't secure and she went to adjust it and pulled the trigger?

Top Bottom