• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I doubt this gets out of committee. But we need not sit back and wait to find out. Be sure to contact your senator and let them know how you feel about this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Should we also fight to repeal testing requirements for drivers licenses too?

(apply purple as you see fit)

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Never fail to tinker with something that is working perfectly well, of course.

Legislators will NEVER say, "Gee. I think we have enough laws. Let's all go home for a couple of years, then reconvene if something important rears its head."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Remind me, which one of the first ten amendments protects one's right to drive a car?

Who says you have to have a drivers license to own a car? How about to drive it on your personal property where you arent endangering others' lives?

I dont see training requirements for the ability to CARRY as all that bad. Now to be able to POSSESS or BUY a gun? Thats a different story. If they try that sh** I'll be standing shoulder to shoulder with you.

I just dont see how being properly trained and educated to use a deadly weapon is all that evil.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Never fail to tinker with something that is working perfectly well, of course.

Legislators will NEVER say, "Gee. I think we have enough laws. Let's all go home for a couple of years, then reconvene if something important rears its head."

PFFFFF! Job security! If they did that we'd realize they really arent needed.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Who says you have to have a drivers license to own a car? How about to drive it on your personal property where you arent endangering others' lives?

I dont see training requirements for the ability to CARRY as all that bad. Now to be able to POSSESS or BUY a gun? Thats a different story. If they try that sh** I'll be standing shoulder to shoulder with you.

I just dont see how being properly trained and educated to use a deadly weapon is all that evil.

:+1:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Ah, I get it. Constitutional protections only apply at home.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm

There's a little statist in everybody. To exercise a right no training should be required.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Remind me, which one of the first ten amendments protects one's right to drive a car?

Just because it is not in the Bill of Rights does not mean it is not a right. It used to be a right to drive a car rather than a privilege years ago just the same as it used to be a right to carry a handgun. Now neither one of them is a right.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And yes, its not a quote* but with rights come responsibilities. We are all responsible for being competent with our firearms.

You have your views, I have mine. :dunno:

*needed a disclaimer since somebody here got his panties in a wad because he thought I was quoting a similar statement and I "got it wrong". :rolleyes:

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    And yes, its not a quote* but with rights come responsibilities. We are all responsible for being competent with our firearms.

*needed a disclaimer since somebody here got his panties in a wad because he thought I was quoting a similar statement and I "got it wrong". :rolleyes:

I agree with rights come responsibilities but we don't need government to force a responsible action in order to exercise a right.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Yes, we are all responsible for being competent with our firearms.

NO, we do not need a government mandated roadblock restricting and infringing on our rights
    no matter how good of an idea "uncle ben" thinks it is.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I fully support people getting training...voluntarily. I would no more support manditory training for gun ownership or carry than I would reading comprehension testing prior to exercising one's right to vote. Well meaning people open the floodgates of allowing conditions upon rights and then realize later that they have no rights anymore.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

No one is against training. It is a matter of how to obtain it.

Government mandates are feckless. Just look at this bill. Not effective until January 1, 2015. How many LCTHs are there now? 1.4 million now? What about all of them?

What other rights are subject to a barrier to entry? Voting tests? Comparative religion exams? Are there not constitutional amendments against barriers to entry of a right?

Instead of mandates, why not tax deductions? Encourage continual training (not just one inadequate class) by allowing tuition, ammo, travel, lodging costs to be above the line deductions on state income tax. As well, the costs of gun safes would be tax deductions.

It would be optional.

It would put the rhetoric of politicians to the test.

It would give gun owners an incentive to seek training.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I am all for training, but not requiring it. Some people need the training, others don't.

What would be the effect of such a requirement?
    I guess more states would allow us to carry with our Indiana LTCH because we would meet "their" requirements.

I don't think much else would change as far as safety or crime is concerned. It would have the effect of having less
    people wanting to get their LTCH.

Maybe a voluntary on-line training that once completed would shorten the time to get your LTCH might make sense.
    That way people would want to do it. I do feel that LTCH holders need to read and understand the state laws for firearms and self defense.

Top Bottom