• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Three masked baddies not deterred by the alarm going off after the window is broken. They are not here for anything good. I wonder if his lawyer and public relations guy prepared the statement...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wonder if that's a euphemism for unaimed fire, like from the hip or from the shoulder but not down the sights.

Look, plenty of us - and PLENTY of the old timers - can be accurate enough using the "point and click" method.

Bad guys dispersed with no bloodshed and a couple holes in the drywall? That's a win.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    He would have no idea if they were armed, or what their intent was. He's lucky there wasn't any return fire.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lots of emotions will be displayed on this one.
    Many people are tired and basically done with the revolving door legal system we are subjected to daily.
    These POS were intent on no good. In these troubled times just waiting to see what they are about is out of the question.
    If they are in your home make a decision. But 1st last and always defend your home.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    So the only win, in your book, is a dead or permanently paralyzed body?

There must be a whole lot of losing in your world.

No; don’t put words in my mouth. Nothing would be a ‘bigger win’ than these three scumbags having gotten the **** scared out of them so badly (it’s not every day you get shot at, right?) that they never do anything like this ever again. OTOH, I’d hate to learn they’d victimized (or even killed) others after I’d shot “in their direction” under circumstances where use of deadly force was entirely justified.

It’s actually a “no win” situation.

Your little personal shot at me was way out of line.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In a system where citizens are openly relying on criminals in our justice system as the only option to provide actual justice to worse criminals there is no justice system; just a well oiled system that seems to let the bad guys go free too often and doesn't even try to bring justice to those with power and like affiliations. I hear it said often now that 'they will get what's coming to them in jail' when they should have gotten justice from the justice system...preferably swinging from a gibbet.

As a result...defend thyself citizen, before it's too late.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No; don’t put words in my mouth. Nothing would be a ‘bigger win’ than these three scumbags having gotten the **** scared out of them so badly (it’s not every day you get shot at, right?) that they never do anything like this ever again. OTOH, I’d hate to learn they’d victimized (or even killed) others after I’d shot “in their direction” under circumstances where use of deadly force was entirely justified.

It’s actually a “no win” situation.

Your little personal shot at me was way out of line.

Lighten up, Francis, that wasn't a shot at you. You said the only win was if they couldn't victimize anyone else. I really don't think either of us expect these guys to get on the straight and narrow now that they experienced getting shot at. So, the only way they don't victimize again is if they are dead or immobile.

I'd hate for them to victimize anyone else, too. But Childress' event was, IMHO but not yours, a win. If you don't see his situation as a win, my point is that you must see a WHOLE LOT of situations that don't win.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    So the only win, in your book, is a dead or permanently paralyzed body?

There must be a whole lot of losing in your world.

I'm sure he meant an arrest would have been nice. Because, yeah, if they go on to someone else and THOSE people are hurt as a result then screw these asswipes, and may they rot in hell or their wheelchair, whichever.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’m still trying to get over the mere suggestion that this was staged as a publicity stunt. Makes my head spin like Linda Blair’s in The Exorcist.

Top Bottom