• ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Warning NASCAR rant to follow

With all tha rule changes with NASCAR, including dividing the race into three stages with yellow flag in between and award points for each stage who the heck knows who is winning anymore. What happened to person first to the checkered takes all.

next up a maniditory red flag to have drivers roll dice to decided starting order for the next quest.

Fast facts: NASCAR 2017 race format structure, points | NASCAR.com

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I used to be a NASCAR fan back in the day when there were only 3 major tv networks and the stock cars were essentially stock cars. When it started to become "cool" to be a NASCAR fan I lost interest, then when they started bringing in all the pretty boy drivers that pretty much sealed it for me. Having said that I've been to the track a couple of times coincidentally in the days leading up to the race although again back in the late 70's early 80's. It's pretty damned impressive watching those cars come out of turn 4 and flying past just a few feet away at 200 mph. Of course you probably can't get that close to the cars anymore.

I'm on the mailing list but haven't pulled the trigger yet but I believe '18 will be my year.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I watched a lot of NASCAR as a kid, have been to the track a couple times while vacationing in Daytona, never during a race. I lost interest and pretty much stopped watching when Dale died. I was 9 years old at that time, he was one of my "heros" growing up, I was really saddened when that happened....

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was a big fan of racing for many years, but not anymore.
    NASCAR as well as other top level racing has turned into an over regulated joke which is little more than glorified IROC spec racing.
    At this point, I wouldn't walk across the street to see the Daytona 500 or any other NASCAR race with free tickets.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Racing left NASCAR when Bill France Jr. Passed. Do yourself a favor and go to Eldora! I used to have a T shirt that proclaimed "If you don't have Dirt in your Beer, your not at a Racetrack!". AMA Flat Track is equally entertaining!

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Racing left NASCAR when Bill France Jr. Passed. Do yourself a favor and go to Eldora! I used to have a T shirt that proclaimed "If you don't have Dirt in your Beer, your not at a Racetrack!". AMA Flat Track is equally entertaining!

Eldora was great when Earl ran it!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I used to be NASCAR fan. Then they started the IROC rules. Then the stupid chase. Then someone who missed the first ten races somehow wins the title? Bye Bye

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We were just talking about the demise of the Indy 500 the other day. When I was a kid, almost every car in the 500 was built in somebody's garage or backyard in or around the town of Speedway. You could see most of the same drivers running sprint cars or USAC Champ cars at a dozen different dirt tracks around the midwest every Friday and/or Saturday night. There were no names you couldn't pronounce. Some of the drivers hung out at The White Front on W 16th St. or The Checkered Flag on W Morris. Occasionally, they could be seen at Bud's or Damon's at 30th and Lafayette Rd. The 500 was a month long extravaganza culminating on pole day and the night before the race. Both events drew more than the race itself. I only went to the race once before I had to go in an official capacity but the night before was a mardi gras-like atmosphere. We always went there. Things are a bit different now. In every respect. The same can be said about nearly every kind of racing.

Top Bottom