• wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not surprising for that area. What really bugs me is one of the comments:

"4 blocks away,people who have nothing took something from people who do .I am shocked!"

Unless I'm misinterpreting this comment, it seems like they're saying it's okay for people who "have nothing" to take from people who do? I really hate this kind of comment. There are plenty of ways to improve yourself, stealing from others isn't one of them. :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, it was a pellet gun, so it was only a little violent...:)

I got nothing..............:dunno:

Sad but when you roll in that area after dark the walking dead will take your stuf.

One has to think that the Zombies are getting pretty open when they take a news truck. That is either brazen in your face I am not scared of the law or just [plain out in orbit thinking.....or both.....or a complete lack of thinking. Or any combo of the 3.

Again, I am just lost.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    And if the driver of the vehicle had drawn his own handgun and blown the punk away the outrage would have been HUGE because "it was only a pellet gun, there was no need to kill him"!!!!:xmad:

It's a shame we didn't find out.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Russ McQuaid wouldn't have let it go down like that.

This was my first thought too.

I used to work as a producer for Fox59 and I know Russ a little bit. (We worked opposite shifts.) I don't know if he carries, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I've been on these late night runs in the truck and I was trying to imagine what I would have done in this scenario. I didn't carry at the time when I worked there, but even today I doubt I would have done much different than this crew. I'm not concerned with protecting the company truck. They can have it.

I also imagine that drawing a gun while on the job would have led to some uncomfortable conversations with HR.

Now if the punk tells us to climb in the back so he can take us for a ride, the fight is on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This was my first thought too.

I used to work as a producer for Fox59 and I know Russ a little bit. (We worked opposite shifts.) I don't know if he carries, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I've been on these late night runs in the truck and I was trying to imagine what I would have done in this scenario. I didn't carry at the time when I worked there, but even today I doubt I would have done much different than this crew. I'm not concerned with protecting the company truck. They can have it.

I also imagine that drawing a gun while on the job would have led to some uncomfortable conversations with HR.

Now if the punk tells us to climb in the back so he can take us for a ride, the fight is on.

The whole deal would depend on being there and seeing it all 1st hand. How close did he get, concentration, recognizing a pellet gun as most of us would have. Diverting his attention.
    Unless you are right there it is hard to make the call. Most of these whack jobs are not sober to begin with. Not saying that makes it any easier to divert/disarm.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ah. That explains the purty yella jacket you had on at the meet an' shoot. I meant to ask you about that. The fact that you don't work for them anymore completely defanged my planned comment about how you got your purse back on this story.

Ha. It's been almost 5 years since I left. They have blue jackets now. I still wear mine from time to time since it's the best rain coat I've got at the moment. Weather Authority represent!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Shouldn't really laugh at the thug having a pellet gun. I know of several pellet guns that could do a lot of damage, and it only takes one severed artery to ruin your day.

Still I couldn't help but laugh a bit about a news van getting jacked!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After almost having to sit in Hamilton Co. court all week on the jury of the case when some dip**** shot a guy and killed him with a pellet gun I am finding the bb/pellet gun jokes not so funny...

I have 2 .177's that will put a hole through a squirrel. I am sure they would drop a man if shot placed properly.

These are not toys.

Top Bottom