• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    It sure is a misunderstanding, some people have gotten pretty worked up over nothing. Cory has NEVER mislead anyone about his backround, especially students or potential students. He never lied about anything to anyone, but we all know I'll be a tiny voice in the backround here as the haters and trolls come out of the woodwork to start tearing this apart.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I certainly hope it's kept civil. I just saw this all over Facebook and Instagram and was curious. I don't remember him ever saying much about his prior service so I was surprised to see it.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    If you knew me you would know that I lack in the photoshop skills. lol. It's on breach bang clear. I even believe its on Cory's FB page. One of the Monderno guys had it on their Instagram.

edit: It looks like someone asked him about it on FB and he's said he has never mislead anyone so...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Source aside from a photobucket? Photoshop is pretty easy these days ;)

407342990.jpg

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I don't think I've ever heard him say anything at all about his service record, and I think he has even downplayed it. Could be wrong though. Still won't unsubscribe, so to hell with the haters :)

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I don't think I've ever heard him say anything at all about his service record, and I think he has even downplayed it. Could be wrong though. Still won't unsubscribe, so to hell with the haters :)

The only time I think I've heard him mention it was a few videos ago when Erika did the Q/A with him.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    He also mentions his medical condition/discharge cutting his service serverly short as part of his introduction to every class. There aren't any periods of instruction that begin "well, when I was in the Army..."

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    of it was a "dishonorable discharge" wouldnt that bar him from buying a firearm?

Could have been "Other than Honorable" discharge. It's not as severe as "dishonorable".

Edit: he even stated that it was a "General Discharge".

Wiki said:
    General discharges are given to service members whose performance is satisfactory but is marked by a considerable departure in duty performance and conduct expected of military members. Reasons for such a characterization of service vary, from medical discharges to misconduct, and are utilized by the unit commander as a means to correct unacceptable behavior prior to initiating discharge action (unless the reason is drug abuse, in which case discharge is mandatory). A commander must disclose the reasons for the discharge action in writing to the service member, and must explain reasons for recommending the service be characterized as General (Under Honorable Conditions). The service member is normally required to sign a statement acknowledging receipt and understanding of the notification of pending discharge memorandum. The person is also advised of the right to seek counsel and present supporting statements.
    In addition, service members are required to sign documents acknowledging that "substantial prejudice in civilian life" may be encountered under a general discharge.[7] A general discharge may preclude a veteran's participation in the GI Bill, service on veterans' commissions, and other programs for which an honorable discharge is required, but is eligible for VA disability and most other benefits.[8] Illinois prohibits discrimination against a veteran from housing or employment on the basis of unfavorable discharge from military service per the Human Rights Act of 1970;[9] this protection does not apply to dishonorably discharged veterans, as shown below.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    A general discharge ain't good guys. Don't let anyone fool you. While it is better than a dishonorable it is still not the best dicharge rating to have. I have known a few down right hell raising misfits that got honarable discharges. I think most general discharges are for repeated ucmj violations resulting in multiple article 15's, court marshals drug use ect.

Top Bottom