• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Who is Eluberank and why is he/she/it posting a crap-load of links? I've seen denial if service attacks, this is what they look like.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Churchmouse- They upgraded the Forum software. Check the announcement.

KellyInAvon- elubbereank is a spambot. There is software out there looking for specific forum software (like INGO now has) that they know weaknesses to. The create dummy accounts and then write spam messages that they hope people click on. I've reported this. Hopefully, there is a way to tighten up the system to block elubbereank and others so they don't become too much of an annoyance.

Moderators- There are more spambots out there, but I couldn't report more than 1/hour:
    Forum: General Firearms Discussion
    New "user": xvivzywhs
    Thread: majority of useful items because

Forum: General Firearms Discussion
    New "user": "sunjmf"
    Thread: no new threads as of yet, only replied to one thread

Last edited:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I've had to log in twice this morning, and that's after Norton stopped a virus attack which happens at least 3 times a week when coming to this site.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So now I get to spend several hours re-learning how to move around in the forum. Just great. What the hell was wrong with the way it was. Worked for me and just getting it down.
    Oh, I have a wonderful idea....lets mess with an already good process.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So now I get to spend several hours re-learning how to move around in the forum. Just great. What the hell was wrong with the way it was. Worked for me and just getting it down.

Sorry they "moved your cheese" churchmouse. Unfortunately, they can't hold with the same software forever. We all upgrade our systems over time. It was time for the forum to upgrade as well. Give it 2 days and you'll probably be okay with the new setup and even find a couple of new features you like.

Last edited:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

I'm sure they'll be making some modifications to get it back closer to the way it was. That sort of thing takes time and they can either take the forum down while making the changes or they can keep it online and accessible. vBulliten rebuilds are not the easiest task in the world, there are TONS of settings in just the stock vBull config not to mention the customizations and plugins. To whoever is doing the work, thanks!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I realize all of these issue. I have been involved with the hard points on building automation upgrades. Never easy. It is an ongoing process. Just did not expect it this AM.

Pudly....I know you took my cheese now give it back.....................:):

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Maybe one of the new features would be the shop working? Oh, and we need some kind of place where we can get answers to questions that are asked frequently, like a FAQ or something.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've always heard that change is inevitable, and growth is optional.

I really wasn't prepared for "growth" this morning.
    I thought I'd logged into the wrong site.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    INGO has been my homepage for a while now. I thought my page failed to load properly and then let out a loud "what the hell?" to which my fiance replied with a startled "what is it?!" I got the typical eye roll after a I said INGO has changed. :):

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is there any way to enlarge the go to new post arrow for each thread? The new style is even smaller than before.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've browsed around the forum on my laptop and iphone in the last hour and have found multiple things that I like better. Once you old skool INGOers get used to the changes I think you'll find more pluses than minuses but, just like with anything new, there will be some kinks to fix.

Top Bottom