• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Went with the girlfriend, brother, and sister in law and hit 5 distilleries last month (Maker's, Beam, Willett, Heaven Hill, and Barton's). I gained quite an appreciation for bourbon that weekend.

I'm still more an Irish and Canadian whisky guy, but I really enjoyed Elijah Craig 12, Willett Pot Still, and Basil Hayden. They're all very different but very tasty. We plan to go back to cover the Frankfort area distilleries later this year.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Jefferson's Presidential Select 18 year old. I preferred the 17, but that's disappeared and the 18 is all I can find today. Still very good.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Hubby loves his bourbon, and since my parents moved to Lexington, he's been even more happy about the stuff.

His two big favs are Eagle Rare and the bottle of Pappy Von Winkle my Dad got him for xmas. Keep having to tell him to go easy because who knows if we'll be lucky enough to see it at the distillery again.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Woodford Reserve, Evan Williams, Buffalo Trace (single barrel), George T. Stagg, Old Rip Van Winkle, and Pappy Van Winkle, Bulliet, and you can't leave out Jefferson Presidential.

But no, I don't drink..

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll let the sad state of my cabinet speak for me :(

image_zpsaec3a03c.jpg

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    You can get on a waiting list for Old Pappy Van Winkle, but IMHO, there are plenty of other bourbons that are just as good. My brother and I are waiting for the next round of Buffalo Trace's Single Oak Project. It is where they release bottles every 3 months, you log them online and tell them what you think of the taste. They are keeping records trying to find the "perfect" blend of Barrel and Recipe to turn into the "perfect" bourbon.
    Single Oak Project | Home

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just picked up the bottle of Buffalo Trace White Dog you see in my pic above. Holy cow is it good. I'm a big fan of high corn content and that stuff has a lot of corn in it. Yyyyuuuuuummmmmmmmyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I have been slowly trying out all of Buffalo Trace's burbons in the past few years myself,

Recent purchases

Blantons Single
    Sazerac
    E.H Taylor
    Van Winkle 23, sampled this thanks to a great customer

Recently tried the Four Rose single barrel at meijer, right now they have alot of thier med/top shelf on sale.

I wasnt able to get my hands on the Gerorge T Stag this year to to the amount available,
    "and I had my foot in thier door too"

Right now I have my eyes on that Single Oak project.

I just finished the last of these here:(

These were amazing, I think there are a few "Rice" ones still floating around, get one while ya can!

wol_error.gif
    Click this bar to view the full image.
    IMAG0490.jpg

Buffalo Trace
    Experimental Collection
    Limited and Rare Whiskey

In 1987 Buffalo Trace Distillery began experimenting. Since then, Buffalo Trace has produced over 1,500 experimental barrels of whiskey now aging in its warehouses. Each of the barrels has unique characteristics. Some examples of these experiments include unique mash bills, types of wood, barrel toasts and more.

Buffalo Trace periodically bottles a few of these experimental barrels and makes them available to consumers. Each experiment that is released is very limited and rare.

Released 2011 out of production.
    59.99-100.00+ each
    20 Barrels made
    aged 9 years 5 months

made with rice
    made with oats

Last edited:

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    We stopped trying other flavors after our first 1792.

Mmmm, my favorite.

Been trying to find a Pappy Van Winkle, but the House of Bourbon said the last one they got in was something special and cost $250.:eek: I don't think I need to try that flavor that bad.

Top Bottom