• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    ^^^ You don't like Makers Mark do you?? LOL. I LOVE the 46 and the Mint Julep.

Not at all :):

I have actually never tried the Mint Julep, this has been the only bottle I have seen (not entirely true) so I won't open it until I get another...

*I have seen bottles at MM on the tour that were for sale, but failed to bring another home.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    IndyK,
    The Single Oak Project is hard to come by. The best place I have found it at is Liquor Barn in KY. You can call Buffalo Trace and find out what month they are releasing the next round. I get down to see my parents every 2 months or so. I really implore you to try Angels Envy. It is just starting to creep up north. It is aged for 4-6 years and finished the last 6 months in Italian Port wine barrels. It is a lower alcohol content (86.6) but very very good. It is made by Lincoln Henderson who was at Woodford Reserve and than went to Jack Daniels to create Gentlemans Jack. He is also a Bourbon Hall of Fame Master Distiller. It runs around $50 a bottle and they are comming out with a cask strength this year that will run $149.99 a bottle.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not at all :):

I have actually never tried the Mint Julep, this has been the only bottle I have seen (not entirely true) so I won't open it until I get another...

*I have seen bottles at MM on the tour that were for sale, but failed to bring another home.

I see it a lot down in KY when I am there. Thats where I picked up my bottle. It runs $46 a bottle though...
    We did the Makers Mark tour (beautiful setting) and I got to dip my own bottle of makers 46! It was such a good experience.:patriot:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I see it a lot down in KY when I am there. Thats where I picked up my bottle. It runs $46 a bottle though...
    We did the Makers Mark tour (beautiful setting) and I got to dip my own bottle of makers 46! It was such a good experience.:patriot:

I need to go back down there, it's been a couple of years since I have been there.

I have dipped 2 bottles of my own, but that was before 46 came out.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Never had a bad Bourbon. Eagle Rare and Woodford are my go to brands. Rye is also pretty interesting.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    IndyK,
    The Single Oak Project is hard to come by. The best place I have found it at is Liquor Barn in KY. You can call Buffalo Trace and find out what month they are releasing the next round. I get down to see my parents every 2 months or so. I really implore you to try Angels Envy. It is just starting to creep up north. It is aged for 4-6 years and finished the last 6 months in Italian Port wine barrels. It is a lower alcohol content (86.6) but very very good. It is made by Lincoln Henderson who was at Woodford Reserve and than went to Jack Daniels to create Gentlemans Jack. He is also a Bourbon Hall of Fame Master Distiller. It runs around $50 a bottle and they are comming out with a cask strength this year that will run $149.99 a bottle.

Thank for the heads up, I got a guy on the inside:shady: that can get me just about anything. Im going to email him tonight to see what he can do.
    I will hopefully report with pics:D

That White Dog, that was just mentioned seems nice.

OK OK

Here is a sad peek at my holiday stash.. Bookers on the far left.
    IMAG0263.jpg

Last edited:

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Neat thing about the white dog and quick fun fact. If you pour some on your hands and rub them together, it will smell like bread. That is the yeast in the whiskey. If you rub them together again, you will smell popcorn, that is the corn that they used. It is amazing how the heat of your hands and the friction activates the ingredients and allows you to smell them.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Bulleit and Woodford are my favorites, makers seems a little overpriced. Just recently discovered what a value wild turkey 101 is and it's all i've bought the last few times. (being 22 I can only afford about a bottle at a time ha)

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Makers Mark all the way

Saw some of the watered down Makers at Kroger the other day in 1.75L bottles. After the outcry they decided to go back to the normal proof, so this might be the only chance to grab some bottles of what might become a collectible some day. You never know what people may want in the future! :dunno:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Saw some of the watered down Makers at Kroger the other day in 1.75L bottles. After the outcry they decided to go back to the normal proof, so this might be the only chance to grab some bottles of what might become a collectible some day. You never know what people may want in the future! :dunno:

Which Kroger?
    I have one bottle, but would like a couple more.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I hadn't thought about that. I might have to go look and see if I can find one to put on the shelf.

Top Bottom