• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I know I say probably a year ago that someone sold their reloads. I was wondering if there is anyone that is reputable that does this on a small scale or is licensed to do so. Sorry if this is a question that has been asked before, a quick search didn't show me anything.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Some kind of ffl, is required, and INSURANCE will kill the profits... Talk to Andrew at Profire Arms, it has been reported that he had to stop selling reloads.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Does this apply to reloads that you built for a specific rifle and are selling with that rifle or only if you're selling reloads on a semi-commercial basis?

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have about 400 357 Mag reloads and no longer have a 357 Mag hand gun. In today's law suit happy mind set I would be very reluctant to sell reloads to anyone. You are much better off if you reload to just do it for your self.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I can buy all the components to load fifty 40 s&w fmj for about $10. Factory ammo is about $20. You can bet the buyer thinks your time is worth much closer to the $10 per box price than $20.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    A lot of folks that reload won't even gift or lend ammo to anyone else. You have to think about what would happen if some random failure in the weapon, component or process caused a catastrophic failure. The hand-loader could find himself in somewhat of a difficult investigation and blame game, possibly with attorneys and LE involved. Just not a good idea unless you can mass produce and afford the overhead to protect yourself.

tyme2climb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Mt. Vernon
    Agree with others about potential liability. I reload for me and only share loads with my good friend who got me started and taught me the ropes.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Story: Several years ago I gave the farm boy all the 12 gauge reloads he could shoot at a dove hunt on his property for allowing me to hunt. One day at the end of the shoot all the hunters were gathered around and decided to throw a hunter's hat in the air and shoot it as "punishment" for missing so many birds. We threw the hat in the air and everyone blasted it and we all had a good old yuck up time. The next day after the shoot the farm kid came by my house after he had tried to go hunting again and said his 12 guage Win. Automatic's bolt would not quite close all the way. I found a Federal paper hull stuck just past the chamber preventing the bolt from closing all the way. I did not reload Federal paper shells, he said he had gotten this out of another hunters box to shoot the hat. IF my AA shell, he had leftover from the day before, had chambered in his gun the day after the dove shoot, the barrel could have blown up and he would have thought my AA Win. shell had caused it, not knowing a paper Federal he had gotten from another hunter caused it. I could have been facing a lawsuit. Lesson learned.... no reloads for anyone..period. Let alone selling them.

Top Bottom