• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I started pulling bullets because the collection buckets were getting too deep. From my own duds to "unload and show clear" rounds on the ground, it was time to process out these rounds. I started with .45 ACP, as they take up the most space, have the highest yield lead and case value.

All the lead and coated bullets are going to the melting pot, but I am accumulating a bit of FMJ and HP 45's. Wonder if there is a local market for these pulled bullets, especially if they have been cleaned up a bit in the vibratory tumbler? :dunno:

dwLlPJx.jpg

Attachments

• dwLlPJx.jpg
      dwLlPJx.jpg
      768.4 KB · Views: 7

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I'm curious why you don't use the "unload and show clear" rounds? And do most of you not use those?

I have a bucket of unload and show clear rounds I've picked up at the end of matches. I personally don't trust anyone to load a proper round except me, as well as you get those few guys who load 9 major and super hot 40s for competition purposes.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a bucket of unload and show clear rounds I've picked up at the end of matches. I personally don't trust anyone to load a proper round except me, as well as you get those few guys who load 9 major and super hot 40s for competition purposes.

so, we’re not talking about our rounds that we eject, but other people’s?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To clear things up that I didn't to start with :rolleyes:;

I don't shoot .45 anymore. I was thinking the same, these might work for others if there was interest. Rather than me melting them down to cast into 9mm/30 cal.

These aren't my "unload and show clear" rounds. They are range pickup's, loaded by other's.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Talk to EYECARY at Monday night steel. He was looking for 45 heads last week.

Thanks Joe, I will. He might be interested in brass too.

………………………

As far as pulled bullets, I have been buying premium pulled bullets from American Reloading for some time now. Mainly higher end Federal and Speer self defense and hunting rounds in 9mm, 7.62 and 5.56.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I started a related thread on Scrapping Brass . Advise and suggestions much appreciated. :ingo:

Meanwhile, I'm still pulling bullets a dab at a time. Broke one bullet puller hammer, another on the way. :ugh:

Top Bottom