• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    During a range outing this past weekend I realized that all the lights I currently carry and use on a regular basis are from Streamlight.

They are:

16la8n5.jpg

My love affair first started with the MicroStream. I needed a very small yet powerful light to carry at work to aid me in seeing into dark corners during hotel room inspections. I've carried this at work daily for the past three years and have documented that time in this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...12462-review_streamlight_microstream_led.html

images

That then lead me to look for something a bit more stout for non-work EDC. I wanted something blindingly bright, large and beefy enough to use as an impact weapon yet small enough to carry in jeans pockets comfortably. Enter the PT2L. Of course I also documented that purchase: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-opinions_on_streamlight_88031_protac_2l.html

2rhxlsi.jpg

When it came to weaponlights I first picked a Streamlight PolyTac LED mated to a VTAC offset mount. It served my purposes very well, even when I compared it to Surefire's G2 LED: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...urefire_g2led_vs_streamlight_polytac_led.html

2797eb70.jpg

When I was looking for a smaller and lighter weight weaponlight, I again turned to Streamlight-- this time going with a PT1L. This has kept my SBR project nice and light while still proving plenty of light. You can read about my initial search here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...small_compact_lightweight_weaponlight_ar.html

Looking back, I can point to several key features that keep me coming back to Streamlight for my go-to lights:

• They work. I've yet to have any issues with any of my lights.
    • They're tough. My most-used light (MicroStream) does have some finish rubbed off on the edges and my 2-year-old did rip off the rubber tailcap, but it still functions 100%. My PT2L has rolled off my roof and onto concrete. My PolyTac and PT1L have held up just fine under repeated 5.56 recoil.
    • They're priced right. All the lights mentioned here are priced under $50 each. I don't mind paying good money for good products, but I like when I find a product that I feel is a good value for the money I spent.

If you're in the market for a reliable hard-use light, but feel that Surefire is too expensive and Fenix/Olight/4sevens is too "cheap", I would recommend giving Streamlight a try.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I started buying Streamlights for carry after we started using the Streamlight ProPolymers at work. They take an absolute thrashing at work (much harsher then anything I'll ever do at home) and continue to perform. When we have had a failure, it gets sent back to Streamlight for a free repair or replacement under their lifetime warranty policy. As a disclaimer - I have no idea if they have such a warranty for all of their products, or if it is just on the ProPolymers, but they have certainly treated us well.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have a PT2L and love it. I am also looking into the PT1L for my Draco SBR, although the polytac has been looked at too. I like my handheld streamlight better than my handheld surefire, but for pistol mounted lights I LOVE my x300

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I have a PT2L for carry! I actually had misplaced (lost) the first one I bought.....felt naked not having it for about a month so I manned up and bought another one! Can't live with out it. You've got some great setups!!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I actually had misplaced (lost) the first one I bought.....felt naked not having it for about a month so I manned up and bought another one!

See that right there is why I like the value of Streamlight. I don't make a habit of losing things, but it does happen. And when it does, the sting of losing $50 is much less than painful than losing $200.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I've carried Streamlights for years, I carry the PT2L everyday at work and the PT1L at home. Both are Very bright and a great value, I can't see spending $200 on a light...

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    See that right there is why I like the value of Streamlight. I don't make a habit of losing things, but it does happen. And when it does, the sting of losing $50 is much less than painful than losing $200.

Agreed! Well put. I am very impressed with the performance for... $50! Can't beat that.

Can't wait until it shows up one of these days. Dual wield.

sittydown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    I'm a big Streamlight fan as well...I have the TLR-1, StylusPro, several of the Stylus penlights, StylusReach, and ProPolymer 4AA. All are great, but I'm not a huge fan of the regular Stylus penlights. I've had 2 or 3 go out on me under normal operating conditions, although they are very handy. I got the ProPolymer as an all around flashlight and mechanic tool...that thing has been dropped more times than I can count, even in a drain pan full of anti-freeze and it still doesn't miss a beat.

I really like their Nano keychain lights as well, but I have to get a new one every so often. They like to come unscrewed in your pocket after they get some age on them. Putting a little oil on the o-ring helps for a while, but they eventually crap out.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've been looking for a decent flashlight with a pocket clip, that MicroStream looks like exactly what I want. I think I need to make a trip over to TSG and see one.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Although not a streamlight, but thought I'd share my micro mag with a terralux switch...just about as bright as my fenix tk30.

4e21ba3c.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I too love Streamlight products and have been 100% satisfied with all of my experiences with their products. I have had my Microstream for a couple years now. What a great little light. Small enough you can always have it with you and I have never had an issue with it. Battery life is pretty darn good too. I will without a doubt continue to buy more Streamlight products in the future. Excellent products at a very fair price! :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You guys don't use lanyards on your lights? Do you guys do the Monica when reloading or jacking with the gun?:dunno:

I too carry Streamlights, the TL-2 with the Tiger Ring.

I put the mini flashlights that comes with them on my key chain.

I carry those Photon II, "bugs", too (get the switch). Those little buggers are so handy. If I was a cop I'd carry a string on them and fling them into dark rooms.

p1SZEii3mC9elELox3UJDedCg2PWA4YIq4n2Hs-nt2bp8mpyFPzhCKGv_OdoE4QZlrRUTE-_KjdCBwp8Y2IR77nlAxM7sJnfO2E1r8Yb6GPLsWI0jvBt9S1Exa499ICWYQSthB2n1A-jEoWbuJTrGFrx2sDsR_6yEbbl-z6lQAORdqQ

Top Bottom