• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You guys don't use lanyards on your lights? Do you guys do the Monica when reloading or jacking with the gun?:dunno:

I have lanyards on all my pocket lights.
    I let the lanyard hang out from my pocket, that way it's fast and easy to pull the light out.
    If I just need to use the light I pull on the lanyard with my left hand and when the flashlight goes out of the pocket I grab it with the right hand while pushing the switch to turn it on.
    If I need to use a weapon in my right hand I do all those things with my left hand only.
    And once the light is out I keep the lanyard around my wrist, if I need to let the light go to have my hand free (to open a door, apply a arm lock on someone, clear a gun malfunction ...), that way I dont lose the light and I can bring it back to my hand with a simple wrist move.

This is my EDC light for a year now:

terralux-TLF-1C1AA.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    NEWS FLASH TLR's are great handheld lights. The compact shape is perfect to palm in your hand when walking and you can even put your hand in a pocket while holding it.

Try it, you WILL like it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just realized I have 4 Streamlights.

TLR1 (on my 870)
    TLR3 (for my M&P9c)
    Microstream (always in my pocket :D )
    Poly-TAC (on my AR)

Future purchases:
    Another Microstream, or maybe 2 more :D. Those little things are friggin' awesome!
    I'd like to keep a Poly-TAC in each of the vehicles. I think they'd make a great work/emergency light.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I carry the Stylus Pro in my EDC Messenger bag. Killer pen light. Bright enough for any task and a great value. I also have the photon II keychain light those things can be handy. I'll stick with the Streamlight brand when I get bigger lights...

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have a Strion (work carry), Stinger (car spotlight), & microstream (everyday pocket carry). I dropped the Strion down a flight of stairs about a year ago and I've had no problems with it or any of the others. Amazing flashlights and the rechargeable platforms for the Strion & Stinger charge them up pretty dang fast.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I carry the Stylus Pro in my EDC Messenger bag. Killer pen light. Bright enough for any task and a great value. I also have the photon II keychain light those things can be handy. I'll stick with the Streamlight brand when I get bigger lights...

Update: A buddy of mind got me a 4sevens Preon2 pen light. It kicks the Streamlight Stylus Pro's butt... it's much brighter and has three regular brightness modes, along with special modes - SOS, Beacon Hi, Beacon Lo. The cool thing is the special modes are "hidden" away so you don't have to cycle through them regularly. To activate them, you cycle through the regular modes 2 times.

I'm not doggin' The Streamlight Stylus Pro... it's still a great penlight. I don't think you could beat it for the price. The Preon 2 is more than double the price of the Streamlight. Lucky for me it was a gift.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    I recently acquired a Streamlight PT1L for EDC carry and I love it--it fits into jeans pockets without thinking about it. I have also seen a PT2L mounted on an AR which makes a lot of sense to me in that the PT2L is extremely lightweight.

I love Streamlight's lifetime warranty as well, although I have been unimpressed by their battery life and lack of high lumen settings (and their website stinks). Look at the runtime or lumen settings of a Fenix or Olight and you will find the different significant. SOOO....Streamlight for major tactical carry flashlight/duty light--no thanks--Streamlight to fill a specialty lighting application--absolutely. My $0.02.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Yes but I believe many of the foreign manufacturers inflate their lumen numbers. I have no hard data but I reviewed a Fenix against and Olight and I didn't find their claims of 320 lumens all that impressive (comparatively).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...view_fenix_tk15_vs_olight_m20_r5_warrior.html

They dont inflate their numbers, they just measure them differently. Olight gives an at the source rating, which will be the highest number you can give, Fenix does the same. 4Sevens does out the front ratings, Surefire does ANSI, which is a little more involved out the front type test.

To compare.. The Olight M20X says its 500 lumens and the 4Sevens X7 says 450 lumens... Both lights have the same LED and battery source...

the crazy part is that you can put anything you want on the box. Those NEBO lights say they are like 200 plus lumens....

It definitely makes selling flashlights a challenge!

Top Bottom