• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I'm not associated with this product or company, but I found a good one here. After researching lower end, universal sight pushers on amazon and eBay I ended up buying this one. Purportedly made in the U.S.A, the pusher shipped quickly and arrived quickly--which I suppose is as much a reflection of USPS, but it was nice nonetheless.

Im not one for formal reviews, but suffice it to say the pusher did exactly what it said it would. It has removable blocks for 1911, glock, Beretta, etc (defined as straight, stepped, angled, and notched), and a small elevating riser to help get a proper grip. The blocks aren't labeled, and the package did not include any directions, but the website and eBay listing had detailed instructions. I personally didn't have a problem identifying which blocks to use, but I suppose that could be a problem if someone had trouble matching shapes.

At any rate. The pusher worked great for removing and replacing glock sights. I particularly like the sighting hole in the frame to easily ensure the pushing blade (which is angle on one side and straight on the other) was aligned to the dovetail.

I bought mine off of eBay for $50, and there appears to be a similar Model for $40. It my untrained eye it looks like the base block is thicker and the outer frame is thinner on the cheaper model, but the description is the same and I can't comment authoritatively.

This is the item I bought:
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181676582563&alt=web

This is the company website according to a sticker on the unit:
    Www.sightpusher.com

This is a stock eBay photo I ran off with.
    2015-03-27_14-32-30_1_zpsyvnjhz3s.jpg

Hope that helps someone. If anyone is near Muncie and wants to use mine, feel free to shoot me a PM. It just sits there 99.9% of the time.

P.S. I typed this on a phone, bear with typos.

Last edited:

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    definitely not a bad deal for a low volume use tool. Make sure you check and double check which way sights need to go on and off on particular pistols.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I bought one of these about a year ago to change sights on an XD which everyone told me were like going to hell and back to change. It wasn't easy, but it did the job. I intend to use it on some other pistols at some point, but just haven't had time.

Top Bottom