• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackterror

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    Hopefully, I receive mine soon. Ordered it on 1/29. They make them to order. They claim the lead time to be 2-3 weeks depending on the model you buy. I can give an update when I get the chance to try it out.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I got the two-fer deal. One OWB for my 5" 1911 and a Cloak Tuck 2.0 for my Commander 1911. I really like the 2.0. It is very comfortable, stable, and quick to draw. It is very concealable.

The OWB I had to do some leather trimming as the base leather did not have a "combat cut" for a full grip and also the leather was pressing my mag release. I found out after I got home and my magazine was not fully seated. A little trim and its good. I just have to file down the shell a bit more for a full grip.

For the price of 50 dollars for two holsters I cannot complain. Add in the lifetime warranty. I was surprised at how high and tight the OWB holster pulls the gun in and I can conceal the full size 1911 OWB at 4 clock with a t-shirt. And I don't buy into the "Wear larger shirts" to hide a gun. I'm 5'6'' 130lbs and a big shirt on me makes me look like a fool. I don't dress around my guns. All my shirts are sized for me.

I would highly recommend these holsters for an entry level, inexpensive holster. The finish is not as good as others but I am not going to argue for 25 dollars a holster.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I have one and don't like it.

I bought for a IWB for a Springfield XDm.

They are made to wear with a shirt underneath. So when it's warm outside you have to wear a t-shirt underneath.
    Also I don't like the cut of the holster as it exposes the magazine release and this allows body moisture to form rust on the magazine release.

I'd like to find someone to take the hard plastic from the holster and install onto some horsehide and I believe that would work better. Also tweaking the cut of the leather so it covers the magazine release.

If you always where a undershirt then it might work fine for you but again the magazine release is exposed.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I have one and don't like it.

I bought for a IWB for a Springfield XDm.

They are made to wear with a shirt underneath. So when it's warm outside you have to wear a t-shirt underneath.
    Also I don't like the cut of the holster as it exposes the magazine release and this allows body moisture to form rust on the magazine release.

I'd like to find someone to take the hard plastic from the holster and install onto some horsehide and I believe that would work better. Also tweaking the cut of the leather so it covers the magazine release.

If you always where a undershirt then it might work fine for you but again the magazine release is exposed.

I had to trim the leather on my Alien Gear OWB for my 1911 as it covered the mag release. Bad deal because I came home and found the mag unseated because the leather pressed the mag release while I was seated driving.

I don't want anything on the magazine release besides my finger when I go to drop a magazine.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For me, the price is what sells an Alien Gear Holster. I have two pistols that aren't my normal guns, but I like to use them and be familiar with them like anything else. With the alien gear deal I got an OWB hybrid type holster for both of these different pistols and I now have a budget owb holster that's comfortable and isn't a some form of a serpa. My alien gear holsters are for a M&P 9mm, and a 1911. Both of the holsters seem to work fairly well for what they are. They aren't built as well as the blade tech OWB I have for the G19, but for the same money I got two holsters for two different guns. Cheap holsters are for guns you don't use as much. For me the alien gear holsters worked perfect for that.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I purchased the Cloak IWB 2.0 last week, but was turned off by their 2-3 week lead time on all orders. I simple email to customer service (via their website) asking to rush my order succeeded. They put a rush on my order and it is going to ship out this week. :rockwoot:

Just a tip!

blackterror

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    I purchased the Cloak IWB 2.0 last week, but was turned off by their 2-3 week lead time on all orders. I simple email to customer service (via their website) asking to rush my order succeeded. They put a rush on my order and it is going to ship out this week. :rockwoot:

Just a tip!

Did you make sure to ask for the green spacers like I did?

blackterror

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    If you watch their videos of the tuck 2.0 you might see green spacers between the neoprene and the shell. They said they were out and only recently restocked the spacers in green. Otherwise they will be black.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

Just a tip!

I have patience, so no I wont make them rush my order because I cant wait.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I just switched out to the green spacers on my AG OWB holster for my 1911. They really do add a little accent to the holster. I plan to reshape the shell a bit...The mounting points need to be curved in to go with my body. The only downside is the "FLATNESS" of the shell. At 3 clock FOR ME and MY BODY the flatness really makes the comfort level go down...But move it to 4 clock and it disappears under a t-shirt. And I'm not talking about an oversized t-shirt. I don't wear those.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I just switched out to the green spacers on my AG OWB holster for my 1911. They really do add a little accent to the holster. I plan to reshape the shell a bit...The mounting points need to be curved in to go with my body. The only downside is the "FLATNESS" of the shell. At 3 clock FOR ME and MY BODY the flatness really makes the comfort level go down...But move it to 4 clock and it disappears under a t-shirt. And I'm not talking about an oversized t-shirt. I don't wear those.
    Thanks for the tips. Should receive mine by Friday. I am anxious to see how it works out. I hope there is some flexibility with how I wear it. On their website they said they recommend wearing at 4 o'clock. Although I was hoping to make this work with appendix carry, I'm not quite sure it will work. We'll see....:dunno:

Top Bottom