• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I posted this in pieces in several threads in real time. I decided finally to put it all in one place.

I know there are lots of satisfied customers, so YMMV. Just beware.

I ordered a holster for my 1911. It arrived and upon closer inspection, along with input from INGO I decided the trigger was not adequately protected.

I contacted customer service and told them I wanted to send it back because it wasnt cut right and was dangerous. I was told bluntly (yet politely with no attitude) that I was welcome to send it back. No offers to fix/remake it, make it right whatever. I was surprised that they didnt try to save the sale, but OK. I sent it back for a refund.

A week later I got an email from them. :

We received your holster today. I have refunded the full amount back to your credit card. I also showed the holster to my supervisor, and he said the shell was defectively cut. We'll be sending you a new holster, free of charge, within the next couple of business days. (my emphasis added)

I apologize for the problems you had with the original holster that you received!

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Rockin! A free holster for my trouble. Ok, an $8 holster. (return postage)

Fast forward several weeks. No holster. hmmm. So I replied to the above email, including my bolding, asking if there was a mixup. Apparently the rep didnt bother to read and comprehend my message as this is the terse reply:

It will still take about 3-4 weeks to be sent to your house.

Soooo.... they will make it "in the next several days" and then wait 3 weeks to mail it? :scratch:

I replied:
    Thanks. Then [the last rep] should have said "within 3-4 weeks", not "within the next several business days" I guess.

No reply.

Its now been 5 weeks to the day since the first happy email from them offering to fix their mistake. So much for stellar customer service.

I'm not complaining that I wasnt made whole. They honored the warranty to the letter. My beef is they then promised to go above and beyond and then failed to do so.

If you order a holster and its made well, then awesome. If not, good luck. Just beware that customer service can be all talk and no action.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My opinion is that they're a victim of their own success. It seems they have more orders then they can quickly make in a reasonable time frame. While people expect to wait for a high end custom holster, I think there's a limit for a company competing as the inexpensive alternative. Had I known mine would take 4 - 6 weeks, I would have ordered something else. I would think they would hire more people, even if just temps, to clear out the backlog and get back on track. I would also think they would hire some dedicated customer service staff members to give complete information and setting realistic expectations, not to mention replying within a day or two to every email or phone call. Otherwise these kinds of posts will become more common and they'll find themselves without any customers. Too bad as I have one of their holsters and really like it. Good quality holster, especially for the money.

Top Bottom