• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    You can not beat AlienGear WARRANTY and GREAT product too !!! Its also true you won't just like it you will love it... I do mine ! :yesway: [h=1]Our AMAZING warranty[/h]
    guarantee-small2.png
    ironcladtext.png

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not according to this thread. Putting something in writing is one thing. Standing by that is another

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/337301-not-enough-kydex-3.html

OP of that thread here.

My beefs? No obvious way to return it on the web page. Do I need an RMA? Is the address where I need to send it the one in the contact us page? If you click the "orders and returns" link, it takes you to where you can search for your order... but no mention of what to do or mechanism to return it.

They dont respond to emails in a timely fashion. Once I finally got in touch with someone by phone and I explained the defect, they didnt try to fight the return one bit. (which is good) Then again, they also didnt fight for my business and offer to make it right instead of a return once the learned of my beef possibly being a craftsmanship goof. If it truly was a manufacturing mistake, offer to send another shell instead of taking the hit.

Not a bad warranty, but then again, not the best customer service I have ever received. I wouldnt say stay away, just be advised you are getting a $30 holster, not a $100 holster. (my supertuck is awesome, though I still think its a bit overpriced)

Given the paste of the warranty graphic,OP are you somehow related to the company? Feels like astroturf to me.

And dont get me wrong, Im not saying people shouldnt buy an AlienGear. Just that you shouldnt get your hopes up. Maybe I'm spoiled by an overpriced alternative? :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You can not beat AlienGear WARRANTY and GREAT product too !!! Its also true you won't just like it you will love it... I do mine ! :yesway: [h=1]Our AMAZING warranty[/h]
    guarantee-small2.png
    ironcladtext.png

Wait... I just read in another thread that you just received the holster today? How are you claiming their warranty "can't be beat" when you haven't even used it?

I have a "WOTAC" scope that was a great scope for the money (and still works fine for the record). It came with a "No questions asked- lifetime warranty". Their poor customer service and mishandling of warranty claims is what collapsed the company.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, they dont hesitate on giving refunds, so that is good.

I didnt even realize my holster was received by them today and they already issued my refund. Actually, I dont think they have actually received it yet. :scratch:

Edit: Yup... refunded immediately. Bravo to them!

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Wait... I just read in another thread that you just received the holster today? How are you claiming their warranty "can't be beat" when you haven't even used it?

I have a "WOTAC" scope that was a great scope for the money (and still works fine for the record). It came with a "No questions asked- lifetime warranty". Their poor customer service and mishandling of warranty claims is what collapsed the company.

I hate to use this but.....:popcorn:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Had mine on most of the day and it wears nice standing, setting, working in the yard.... Very nice and Im please. You can't please everybody tho, so it may be for some and some not..... To each there own, but Im good... And if they will refund your money no questions ask what can you b**ch about ? They have a address and phone number and be contacted thru the web whatever way you want.... All I can say if you want one buy it and if not then don't , I really don't care... No skin off my ass..... And the warranty works for me , if I buy a new gun they will trade the kydex as many times as you change guns or if it breaks they will replace it and a 30 day trial offer if you don't like it , return w/money back no questions ask.. And if they go out of business then Im only out $45.00 ..... Sounds good to me !

Last edited:

BOTA56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Columbia City
    How long have they been around? A year or so? I've been thinking about getting one, and I just read a post on their facebook saying it took a month for the holster to be received. Must be getting a lot of orders. Time will tell if they can handle the demand.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Had mine on most of the day and it wears nice standing, setting, working in the yard.... Very nice and Im please. You can't please everybody tho, so it may be for some and some not..... To each there own, but Im good... And if they will refund your money no questions ask what can you b**ch about ? They have a address and phone number and be contacted thru the web whatever way you want.... All I can say if you want one buy it and if not then don't , I really don't care... No skin off my ass..... And the warranty works for me , if I buy a new gun they will trade the kydex as many times as you change guns or if it breaks they will replace it and a 30 day trial offer if you don't like it , return w/money back no questions ask.. And if they go out of business then Im only out $45.00 ..... Sounds good to me !

i think what most people have the problem with is the title of your thread. If you had just said alien gear holsters rock. Well that's one thing but you said their warranty can't be beat! How do you know anything about their warranty if you just got the holster and have never had to use the warranty? See what I'm saying. Just because something looks good on paper written down doesn't mean the company actually stands by it. Customer service can make or break a company very easily.

I'm not knocking them either way because to me it looks like they are putting out a solid product at a very reasonable price point. I wish them continues success. Just was pointing out why people were questioning your thread.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How long have they been around? A year or so? I've been thinking about getting one, and I just read a post on their facebook saying it took a month for the holster to be received. Must be getting a lot of orders. Time will tell if they can handle the demand.

Seems like everyone except the old school big names (Bianchi, etc) make you wait as they custom build. Last count I had CrossBreed was 4 MONTHS. So yeah, lots of demand. Some prebuild standards for quick ship, but most are build to order.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Seems like everyone except the old school big names (Bianchi, etc) make you wait as they custom build. Last count I had CrossBreed was 4 MONTHS. So yeah, lots of demand. Some prebuild standards for quick ship, but most are build to order.

CompTac's current production time is 5 days. I've bought 7 holsters from them and they've all shipped earlier than their projected production time.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I have not used their warranty but I did exchange shells for a different gun and it took about 8-9 days for the turn around. So far I am pleased with my alien gear holsters and service. The only problem I have had is the screws that hold the kydex shell on coming loose. I put a little thread tape on them and have not had any more trouble.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Wen i learned of Aliengear, i messaged them via FB to find out their turn around time. They were still slammed with Christmas orders ... This was late Jan. don't expect their times to be that slow always, but a young, small company gets overwhelmed and time is required to get caught up.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Had a guy in class yesterday with an alien gear holster. It kept collapsing on itself during reholstering. He was very unhappy with the fit of the holster. This is my only experience with alien gear products. I have owned three Comp-Tacs and they have been rock solid so I will contiue to order from them. Takes about a week to get your holster.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    They've always been good about replying to my emails. I emailed them about the shell swap out warranty/program. They told me how it works and how to check if my leather would be best suited for the new shell.

I love mine.

rdb700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Southern IN
    I ordered mine and got it in just 2 days shy of 4 weeks. It seems like a pretty decent holster for the money. I wore it most of the day yesterday and felt good. I had asked for a status update on my order a couple weeks ago and got an email response within an hour. Hope its a decent holster.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now for some ACTUAL verification of what the OP published...

Just got two emails. One stating I was getting a refund, and the other from customer service:

We received your holster today. I have refunded the full amount back to your credit card. I also showed the holster to my supervisor, and he said the shell was defectively cut. We'll be sending you a new holster, free of charge, within the next couple of business days.
    I apologize for the problems you had with the original holster that you received!

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Have a great day,

So a refund AND a replacement holster. Yes, they DO have good customer service and warranty!

(from someone who actually USED the warranty)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Now for some ACTUAL verification of what the OP published...

Just got two emails. One stating I was getting a refund, and the other from customer service:

So a refund AND a replacement holster. Yes, they DO have good customer service and warranty!

(from someone who actually USED the warranty)

Boom! There it is!! Good for Aliengear!! :yesway:

Top Bottom