• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    I was looking into getting the cloak tuck 2.0 but I don't know how good and reliable there holsters are. So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with there products. If so I would appreciate any information or input.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've owned 2. I'm wearing one right now (Glock 22C)
    the quality is excellent. very comfortable and easy to use.
    the price is right. lifetime shell swap program. black or tan.
    etc etc.
    tuckable IWB holsters are awesome and this is a good one.

all pros with one big con: wait time= about 2mos right now.

if you need a holster right away try to find one on ebay, etc
    if you have the time to wait then order right from aliengear

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    For me, it was a mixed bag. I wanted to like it, but I could not. I ordered one for my concealed carry gun, but after drawing, it would not stay open. I am not sure why, other than I have about 20 pounds more than I should. The holster seemed of good quality, but not stay open. I am not sure if this is typical of this style of holster, but it was a no go for me. I almost think the kydex shell was too shallow. The Kydex part only covered about half of the width of the gun. It might be fine for someone else, and/or if you adjusted the spacer or something it might make a difference, but I did not fool with it.
    Your experience may be different.
    I will say it was very comfortable.
    I am also not a huge fan of trying to hook the floppy leather and clips onto my belt/pants while trying not to drop my drawers. I do not feel like I have enough hands to put one on. That is my personal problem not necessarily yours and that really would not be different than with a Cross Breed, or any of that type, but it will tell you a bit why I did not like it.
    I will say the return process was easy. If I were to knock the company, I would say they are a bit swamped. The order took about 6 weeks (which they said it would) and there was a little lag in the response to return it, but that is me being picky, more than a major issue. They were prompt with a refund, and they even sent an email to confirm.
    If it works for you, then I would not hesitate. I would say the workmanship was good and the product fit and finish was quality, I wanted to re-holster with one hand while not accidentally racking the slide while re-holstering, so it did not work for me.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I got an aliengear when they first came out. I still wear it almost every day. No experience on the Tuck 2.0, but if its and improvement over the original, it has to be good.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For me, it was a mixed bag. I wanted to like it, but I could not. I ordered one for my concealed carry gun, but after drawing, it would not stay open. I am not sure why, other than I have about 20 pounds more than I should. The holster seemed of good quality, but not stay open. I am not sure if this is typical of this style of holster, but it was a no go for me. I almost think the kydex shell was too shallow. The Kydex part only covered about half of the width of the gun. It might be fine for someone else, and/or if you adjusted the spacer or something it might make a difference, but I did not fool with it.
    Your experience may be different.
    I will say it was very comfortable.
    I am also not a huge fan of trying to hook the floppy leather and clips onto my belt/pants while trying not to drop my drawers. I do not feel like I have enough hands to put one on. That is my personal problem not necessarily yours and that really would not be different than with a Cross Breed, or any of that type, but it will tell you a bit why I did not like it.
    I will say the return process was easy. If I were to knock the company, I would say they are a bit swamped. The order took about 6 weeks (which they said it would) and there was a little lag in the response to return it, but that is me being picky, more than a major issue. They were prompt with a refund, and they even sent an email to confirm.
    If it works for you, then I would not hesitate. I would say the workmanship was good and the product fit and finish was quality, I wanted to re-holster with one hand while not accidentally racking the slide while re-holstering, so it did not work for me.

An MTac from Comp-Tac or Crossbreed Supertuck would have stayed open. Also my Comp-Tac is not at all floppy and attaches easily to my belt. In fact I can drop my drawers sit upon my throne and the gun stays in place on my belt.

Had a guy in class with an alien gear. He had the same problem with the holster collapsing. In contrast I have used an Mtac in multiple classes with two different pistols and have even shot USPSA with them.

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    I've had my 2.0 for about two months and I love it! Its for a Glock 29sf and I wear it daily. I ordered it from the Alien Gear and got it a week later.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I have their original holster and like it very much. I am a larger guy around the middle and my only complaints are that the metal clips can pinch at times if you do not tuck an undershirt in underneath it. I did notice they offer different clips and am going to order a set of those which should alleviate that problem. It does collapse slightly when upholstering the weapon but not so much so that I fear racking the slide or make it difficult to reholster one handed. I would and have recommended this holster.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Alien Gear is looking suspect. Ordered 2 months ago, card charged immediately. They have promised delivery 3 times now, but nothing arrives. Now they don't respond to email enquiries. Could be a Ponzi scheme.

If you take 10,000 orders for a $50 product (inc shipping) then you have $500,000 to run of with. Allen the Alien is as scarce as an alien right now.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Received mine now. It took more than 4 weeks - (Edit to add - just checked my order record and it was just over 9 weeks). I got the tan model so that dye from the black one would not end up on my underwear. Who cares bout color - it will be inside my pants.

Opinion. Very good value for the money. It is not a fine work of art like a $120 Milt Sparks, but you can get 4 of these for the price of the Sparks. It is a very good utilitarian unit. Comes with plenty of spare screws and rubber spacers too. Is also very customizable for angle, height, gun tension. I've not tried any other brands of hybrid holsters, so can't compare quality with those.

I like the Alien belt clips too.

Not worn it yet, so time will tell how it holds up. Guarantee is very good, assuming they stay in business, which I hope they do - a little downward price pressure in the holster market is no bad thing.

Last edited:

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Well, I've been using my Alien Gear IWB for almost two months now. Conclusions - very durable, very comfortable - great value. I am finicky, but I would recommend this product.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Well, I've been using my Alien Gear IWB for almost two months now. Conclusions - very durable, very comfortable - great value. I am finicky, but I would recommend this product.

Thanks for the follow up. I just ordered 2... and the price was very right. They'll be delivered for $34.50 each.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Whitehatholsters.com

Look up there stuff. They customize everything & have a life time warranty.

Use the code: RXNOLE to get 10% off any order you want.

If you want a totally customized kydex they can do that too. I bought one with a custom gator backing leather skin & custom kydex.

Top Bottom