• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    I'm considering a new one, figured would be a good companion to my N-PAP. Never had a 7.62x25 pistol before...had a 9mm Norinco Tok some years back, ran good shot okay, didnt care for the cheesy safety. What's ur thoughts guys?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That round used to be so inexpensive in surplus form. Now it's drying up. Just from wht I see at shows and online it's creeping up.

But it would be worth every penny for the fun:
    [video=youtube;rZX2xLQWMAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZX2xLQWMAU[/video]

Last edited:

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    That round used to be so inexpensive in surplus form. Now it's drying up. Just from wht I see at shows and online it's creeping up.

But it would be worth every penny for the fun:
    [video=youtube;rZX2xLQWMAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZX2xLQWMAU[/video]
    Wow, that's impressive. I'm not to worried bout price and availability, I won't shoot it much, and if need be I'll make my own.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Never had one of the older ones, but the new-production M57s are excellent guns. And the 7.62x25 round is a riot to shoot!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Did you get ur's new with this spring condition? What springs/all?

Bought it used at Bradis a while back. The spring feels light and I have problems with FTF. I have not had it out for a while so probably need to lube it up and take it out again. I think I have one of those 800 or so round tins of the ammo and have shot only a few boxes out of it. So far the best price I have found on a tin is around 300, I think I got mine at the 1500 around 125 or so.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a CZ-52 also and I believe the M57 has a stronger chamber than the CZ due to how CZ chamber is undercut. So far the problem I have had with the CZ is the magazine plate falling off while shooting (both magazines). Funny because all of a sudden the rounds fall out of the bottom while shooting.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dang. Now I want a 9mm 1911 so I can get the 7.62x25 conversion kit.

CZ52's and M57's are nice enough and all. But 1911.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    A buddy of mine just picked one up. Fantastic gun for the price. The only downside is that 7.62 x 25 ammo is more expensive at the LGS than .357 magnum or .45acp now.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Why not the Zastava M70 in 9mm? Just a rechambered Tokarev, but unlike the old Chinese ones the safety isn't some buggered up after thought added for import.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why not the Zastava M70 in 9mm? Just a rechambered Tokarev, but unlike the old Chinese ones the safety isn't some buggered up after thought added for import.

Because with 9mm, it doesn't go BOOM!

As for the safety, it's easy enough to remove and put into a drawer with all the other lawyer crap (you hear me Ruger?).

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    I'm stoked, wish the 'ole lady would get excited like I am. My dealer had a few new ones that I touched all over a few weeks ago when I got the N-PAP. What's the diff between the surplus M57's and new Zastava's?

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have the production model and the milsurp version and love them. Just got a trigger job on my production model, it's down from about 10 pounds to about 4.5 pounds thanks to Havlin's. This is my favorite gun to shoot by far. It's deafening, belches smoke, and spits fire - and that's with domestic rounds. Run the commie surplus stuff through them for real fireworks. Mine shoot flat and fast, this round really screams down the range.

Top Bottom