• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Like seriously... I was on youtube looking up videos on Mosin Nagants and came across this.... It's supposed to be a video about showing you the viewer how to load a M44 by the use of stripper clips, he also shows off the features of the Nagant, such as it's safety and how the bayonet works. The problem? Welllll he shows how the bayonet folds out and how the safety works AFTER HE HAS LOADED THE RIFLE.:nailbite:

He does make a comment in the info box about how this is supposed to be some kind of joke... but I don't find it funny. So I thought I would share and let you be the judge.

YouTube - The Mosin Nagant Loading And Operation

Also while browsing his other videos I found this.

YouTube - Sawed Off Shotgun

If you can't tell he is firing a 16 gauge sawed off shotgun, that he even admits in the title is a sawed off. Now i had sent him a comment on his video, and mentioned to him about sawed offs being illegal in the U.S. I just got a response that said this....

" Its not illegal because the barrel is over 18" in length soo im not to worried"

Now my next question is, wouldn't it be illegal regardless since he cut the barrel down? Also given he has also cut down the stock.... wouldn't the gun not meet the requirement of being 26" overall with the stock missing?:dunno:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    That first kid needs a round of 7.62x54r through the hand...some people man...

For the second, I see nothing wrong. Short barreled shotguns are legal in a lot of states, not Indiana though. Also, if the barrel is over 18" and overall length is over 26", it's totally legal without any stamps or anything, it's just a regular gun.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I see. Well I still don't see how the gun's overall length could meet the requirement of being 26 inches with the stock missing as well as half the barrel missing. But if it's illegal then thats cool i guess...

and yes i think he was very stupid for playing with the bayonet while the gun was fully loaded with the safety off. >_>

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I see. Well I still don't see how the gun's overall length could meet the requirement of being 26 inches with the stock missing as well as half the barrel missing. But if it's illegal then thats cool i guess...

and yes i think he was very stupid for playing with the bayonet while the gun was fully loaded with the safety off. >_>

It's just like the 870s amd 500s that are sold with both a regular stock and lone pistol grip. The receiver length and grip make them over 26" with most shotguns

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Like seriously... I was on youtube looking up videos on Mosin Nagants and came across this.... It's supposed to be a video about showing you the viewer how to load a M44 by the use of stripper clips, he also shows off the features of the Nagant, such as it's safety and how the bayonet works. The problem? Welllll he shows how the bayonet folds out and how the safety works AFTER HE HAS LOADED THE RIFLE.:nailbite:

So the problem with showing the safety and bayonet after the rifle is loaded is??? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Sure if you want to be real safe you don't load it and do the video but if you are going to use the weapon it's going to be loaded. He does keep his fingers off the trigger while he shows it and does point the weapon in the "right" direction why showing it and even when he fires it. Note how he turnes away from the camera to fire the weapon. He never turns into the direction of the camera where the rifle can point towrds the cameraperson.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    So the problem with showing the safety and bayonet after the rifle is loaded is??? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Sure if you want to be real safe you don't load it and do the video but if you are going to use the weapon it's going to be loaded. He does keep his fingers off the trigger while he shows it and does point the weapon in the "right" direction why showing it and even when he fires it. Note how he turnes away from the camera to fire the weapon. He never turns into the direction of the camera where the rifle can point towrds the cameraperson.

Also notice how his hand crosses the muzzle.:n00b:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

He doesn't show the safety until AFTER he fiddles with the bayo.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think you guys are being to hard on the kid. It's his hand he wants to put it in front of the muzzle while the gun is loaded and he is holding it his choice. The BEST saftey is your FINGER! That is the only safety that will work always all other safties may fail at some point as they are "mechincal" in nature. If you leave a loaded firearm and never touch it it won't go off unless you pull that trigger. (Doesn't count if you leave it loaded and then it falls as that imples that the firearm moved) but the point is that your finger and nothing else is the ONLY safety you really have.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    So does that mean people can go around putting loaded guns to their heads as long as their finger is off the trigger? You've got the one rule down, but you're forgetting the "do not point you gun at anything you do not wish to kill" part. The rules need to be used ALL at once, not just selectively.

:twocents:

I think you guys are being to hard on the kid. It's his hand he wants to put it in front of the muzzle while the gun is loaded and he is holding it his choice. The BEST saftey is your FINGER! That is the only safety that will work always all other safties may fail at some point as they are "mechincal" in nature. If you leave a loaded firearm and never touch it it won't go off unless you pull that trigger. (Doesn't count if you leave it loaded and then it falls as that imples that the firearm moved) but the point is that your finger and nothing else is the ONLY safety you really have.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Oh, and to him just being a "kid," sorry, that one doesn't fly with me. If someone is given the responsibility of holding a firearm (ESPECIALLY when alone without adult supervision as seen here) then they are held to the same exact standards as everyone else. A bullet from a 16 y/o is just as deadly as one from a 60 y/o.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    FWIW, it's not possible to add a flash suppressor, sound suppressor, or bayo, without violating at least one of the four rules.

Every Firearm is Always Loaded
    Don't point it at anything you're unwilling do destroy
    Finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you've made the decision to shoot
    Know your target and what's behind it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So does that mean people can go around putting loaded guns to their heads as long as their finger is off the trigger? You've got the one rule down, but you're forgetting the "do not point you gun at anything you do not wish to kill" part. The rules need to be used ALL at once, not just selectively.

I would say yes. His choice (folloish perhaps but his choice) if he wants to put a loaded or unloaded (no sure thing) to his head and keep his fingers off or on the trigger. It is his and only his choice. It is responsible or wise depends on how you look at it. Me personally I would not point the gun at my head.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I fail to see what the hell they were laughing at in the first video. Didn't find it at all funny, and I was personally uncomfortable with the way he loaded it put he bayonet lug on then worked the saftey.
    Yes, keep your finger off the trigger, and it shouldn't go off, but if u keep 3 points of contact as opposed to 1 on a ladder you won't fall either, right?
    But thats not what bothered me.
    It was the damn giggles that echoed Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.
    Same with the second video.
    The attitude didn't sit right with me, and could only hinder the public's image of the "firearms" community.

Now to mend what has already been done, I'm gonna post some positive firearms videos from youtube.
    YouTube - sexy gun shooting

Okay, maybe that video doesn't properly represent the firearms community either

:ar15:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

So long as it's their own head and I'm not on the hook for their funeral expense...

I've been around guns, gun magazines, and people who read gun magazines alot more than they shoot guns and now people who watch a lot more gun videos than they shoot guns, and gun messege boards a pretty long time now.

I don't think there's much on youtube that's going to surprise me.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    For some reason when I see that fat slob of a kid...

I think ignorant dumbass, future serial killer and Columbine.. and yes.. all in that order.

Top Bottom