• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the market value of very hard to find brass.
    Should it be priced in line with readily available prices or does it's rarity as "the best" or no longer made justify a RIDICULOUS asking price?

For topic purposes we are talking about 100 pieces of virgin Lapua brass in .300 Win Mag

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It's worth asking the ridiculous price if people will pay it. Some cases and even bullets have a mythical reputation that people will pay almost anything to get. I think I want Lapua or Norma brass when taking up a new round, but always come to my senses and realize my purposes are served just as well with our domestic stuff. I have some Hornady .358 SSP-SP bullets that were discontinued a couple years ago that sold new for around 20 cents each that are bring well over a dollar each now, but they don't kill any better than what is still available.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Lapua never made 300 WM brass. It was actually made by Norma for Lapua

And it was made to lapua's specs which are different than Norma's, so it's a little more than just a head stamp difference. Primer pockets don't get loose as yuck as Norma brass and the stretching is very minimal. I've had pieces last twice that of other manufacturers before there was even a hint of the pocket opening up.

Top Bottom