Your Take (Opinions) On The Range - Actual Shooters Only Please!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Date of Visit: Thursday - 1/24/2013, approximately 4:00 PM.
    Time in range: 1 hour (shared lane with my neighbor).

Had a GREAT TIME! Range is VERY clean, ventilation is superb compared to other indoor range I have used before. Only 3-4 other people in there at the time using 2 other lanes.

+1 on RSO on duty, Steve, he was very courteous and helpful. The range desk folks were great too, answering questions and helpful. It's great that they actually have an RSO unlike other places.

This is my new indoor range of choice for Indy. Hopefully they offer memberships soon. Still like to shoot outside when it's nice out but this place is GREAT!

Only improvement I could see is maybe add some benches along the backwall for all your gear, but I agree with a previous post that that may cause people to swing long guns around a little too much for comfort.

Plus the customer visit card, 11th trip free is a nice incentive.

I hope this helps others looking to shoot at BGF.

I had a great time, thanks BGF!

FG12351

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Dec 20, 2012
    1-11 @ 3:30ish

This is the first indoor range I've been to, so I really have nothing to compare it to. I was pretty happy with my visit. It was clean, well lit and the staff was friendly and helpful.

I think the shelves under the firing bench is a great idea. Were the hooks for calsooats? I don't recall. I got one target with range rental, but had to buy more @ .50 cents each. It would be nice to get more. Maybe 5. At least the small ones. I can see paying for the special ones. (Like the zombies)

Also, not much you can do about now, but the lanes seem a bit narrow. I had brass bounce off the wall and back on me! Then again... I'm a wide guy, so maybe it's just me. :D

I'm looking forward to my next visit!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    1-11 @ 3:30ish

This is the first indoor range I've been to, so I really have nothing to compare it to. I was pretty happy with my visit. It was clean, well lit and the staff was friendly and helpful.

I think the shelves under the firing bench is a great idea. Were the hooks for calsooats? I don't recall. I got one target with range rental, but had to buy more @ .50 cents each. It would be nice to get more. Maybe 5. At least the small ones. I can see paying for the special ones. (Like the zombies)

Also, not much you can do about now, but the lanes seem a bit narrow. I had brass bounce off the wall and back on me! Then again... I'm a wide guy, so maybe it's just me. :D

I'm looking forward to my next visit!

They're actually wider than lanes at most ranges I've been to. You get used to it the more you shoot inside :D

sjstill

Master
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Hope this pic comes out OK;

tnsid18014403072840675midAPrHimIAAF.jpg

zoglog

Expert
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    #1 - Jan 26
    #2 - 10:00 am, it was packed!
    #3 - Pros: The ventilation was awesome. The RO's were great. I love being able to fire as fast and safely as I can.

Only improvement I would like to see is a 2 minute warning for when range time is up. I was teaching a new shooter and forgot to check the time when we started. With how busy it was yesterday, I would have used the last two minutes to pack up and clean my stall. I guess it would help me respect the range and the next shooter.

Over all I loved it! :ar15:

Thegeek

Master
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Jan 24th around 2p.

Let me start by saying that the range is better than any other range that I've been to. These comments are purely because you asked for them.

1) the air/sound trap doors are way too close together. Might as well only have one door.

2) it had to be in the mid to upper seventies in there. Difficult to blalance that hind of airflow with BTU capacity though

3) the lighting on the range needs difusers or polarized filters. I was usung shoot-n-see targets and the glare was horrible.

4) instructions on the target sled opperation should be posted somewhere.

Drake.45

Plinker
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We were there yesterday at around 1pm. Let me start off by saying this is the best indoor range ive been to since living in Indiana. these are just some improvements you could make. I was very surprised there wasn't a wait for the range. I agree about the previously posted information about the double doors being way to close together, it was difficult to hear what the people behind the counter for the range were saying. The only other thing I could see improving is adding a bench in the back to place items on, but that's something very minor. The ventalation was amazing and the range officers were very polite and friendly. I didn't see any problem with the lighting and the range was very clean. +1 for the awesome experience

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Was there Saturday, around 2pm.
    The mural sucked! It was peeling at the corner! It's okay though... I fixed it for you ;)
    Afterwards I shot about 50 rounds down your range and was pleased. In fairness, this is only the 2nd indoor range I have shot in.
    Was warm... comfy, storage shelf was nice! Coat hooks right there. Everything I needed to put rounds down range. RO's were helpful and quick to answer any questions I had.
    I was surprised to see some young ones shooting (Which I thought was previously stated as not allowed). I overheard training was required for young shooters, so this appears to be a sign that I can bring my son next time.
    Thanks for the great time, taking a break from the cold, and being able to catch up on some practice!

6mm

Plinker
    Mar 15, 2009
    Shot on 1/29 in the early afternoon. Staff in the store and on the range were kind, helpful, and knowledgable. Range officer had a great sense of humor and helped several folks around me. It would have been nice to have a bench or table to put bags and gun cases on while shooting. I also noticed that the brass from all 3 ARs my friends and I were shooting seemed to land forward of the line....this is not a big deal, but as a reloaded it was frustrating to not be able to get to it.

I did not mind the cost as the open space and clean air makes it well worth it. I'll be back with more friends. It would be nice to be able to purchase an annual membership at a slight discount.

sjstill

Master
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Check Midwayusa.com for AR brass catchers. The shell deflector was designed to throw the brass forward, and it works well....lol

Top Bottom