• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    A quote from a fictitious person, but one that will immediately spark memories for anyone who has ever read "A Tale of Two Cities": "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    "[SIZE=+1]And as in the dark all cats are grey, the pleasure of corporal enjoyment with an old woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every knack being by practice capable of Improvement."
    -- Benjamin Franklin
    [/SIZE]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    From "Idiocracy"

Narrator:*The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.

Narrator:*As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

Rita:*You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb ****s?
    Pvt. Joe Bowers:*Yeah. Hadn't thought of that.
    Rita:*Now you know why he built that bomb

Top Bottom