Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Now I want waffles.

And pancakes.

How about a sandwich made with waffles as the "bread" and pancakes in between?

As long as it has bacon in there, that will work.

Well, of course! And sausage and ham too.

all covered in maple syrup :drool:

A McGriddle is a gateway drug for what lovemachine and I were planning!

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

ETA: oh. And it needs eggs, too. Maybe cheese, but definitely eggs.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I don't think this is INGO.

Someone shot a knucklehead waving a gun around and no one is questioning the due process rights of the gun waver.

Or questioning the wisdom of confronting a rifle wielding attacker with a mere handgun.:popcorn:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

ETA: oh. And it needs eggs, too. Maybe cheese, but definitely eggs.

Unforgivable oversight on my part!

In my defense, I did mention eggs when I described this cornerstone moment in human development to a non INGOer, but I failed to consider the cheese. It must have cheese.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am not sure about that... eggs obviously good with syrup (french toast)... but cheese... I have never had that with any syrup... I may have to think about that one...
    Someone mentioned ketchup with chicken and pasta the other day. I won't mention who it was (french guy)... I have been a bit disturbed ever since. I have some pretty set rules on what foods and condiments can go together. Cheese and pancake syrup has never been considered before...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I saw this on Instagram earlier today. I highly doubt it will be publicized... If it doesn't shock and aww, or isn't part of the agenda it usually goes unmentioned for the most part.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Clack clack goes the AK
    Bang bang goes Lawful Larry
    Bag tag and smother

The guy had to be identified by publishing photos of his tats and asking if anyone recognized them. Not his face, just the tattoos. Guy is on life support. Me thinks Lawful Larry got in some head shots.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The guy had to be identified by publishing photos of his tats and asking if anyone recognized them. Not his face, just the tattoos. Guy is on life support. Me thinks Lawful Larry got in some head shots.

They posted "Identify this person" photos of an unknown (and therefore not a consenting) hospital patient? How is this not a HIPPA violation???

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Police go in and take photos. They release the photos. The PD is not a covered entity under HIPAA, that is, the PD is not a health care provider or business associate thereof. Just a guess.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... The PD is not a covered entity under HIPAA, that is, the PD is not a health care provider or business associate thereof. Just a guess.

Good guess, too. You even got the acronym correct. Gold Star!

From the HHS website:
    The Privacy Rule, as well as all the Administrative Simplification rules, apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”).

Furthermore, to be a covered entity the entity must "furnish, bill, or receive payment for health care in the normal course of business".

I doubt the cops were providing health care, nor billing for it. Given that the cops don't seem to be reluctant to publish suspect's faces when they are looking for them, I figure there's a reason they didn't show this guy's face (and it's not HIPAA).

Top Bottom