• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's gotta be wrong on the amount. How much does he make a year? I don't remember military pay being great, even for officers

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Yeah, he gets paid until convicted of a crime. Due process and all.
    Once convicted he will not see that money, and may not see much more time breathing air.
    But for now he gets to be innocent until they prove him guilty.
    Trust me, it's way better than the alternative.

ChristMinded

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Has he been in jail for 8-10 years or something awaiting trial then? Most people I know don't make $35-$40,000 a year.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    That number is about right. If I read it correctly, Hasan was a psychiatrist in the military, and the average salary for them would be around $74,000 a year. As far as him getting paid, it goes along with the innocent until proven guilty, and I think that is a very fair thing. Also, he probably is not getting a court appointed lawyer with that salary, but I haven't read on that. Heres the link for the salary:

Military Psychiatrist Needed Salaries | Simply Hired

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The real tragedy is this case is not him getting payed, it's his victims getting the shaft from Uncle Sam. By calling this clear act of terrorism "workplace violence", Uncle Sam pays out way less in money and benefits.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

I don't know about this. Due process should preserve his rights, but he doesn't have a right to a paycheck. I suspect that if I was in jail for years, innocent or not, my employer would probably not continue to pay my salary.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I have to log hours to get paid. Not only that, but I have maintain the company's positive reputation by not getting accused of mass murder. Failing to do either of these things would assure me termination.

In government, its a little different. Beat people up, steal, violate people's rights, get a paid vacation. Job termination apparently cannot happen unless you are actually sent to prison. Even a mass murderer remains entitled to perpetual employment on the backs of the taxpayers.

How's that amendment go?

No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or an assured government paycheck, without due process of law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Once convicted he will not see that money, and may not see much more time breathing air.
    But for now he gets to be innocent until they prove him guilty.
    Trust me, it's way better than the alternative.

If I don't produce for my employer, I get fired. If I'm in jail awaiting trial. Yeah. No paycheck.

Innocent until proven guilty yes. That doesn't mean he has to be paid.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The real tragedy is this case is not him getting payed, it's his victims getting the shaft from Uncle Sam. By calling this clear act of terrorism "workplace violence", Uncle Sam pays out way less in money and benefits.

That's half of it. The other half is that Odumbo doesn't want to actually call a spade a spade. He sympathizes with muslims and apologizes to them for what he deems American atrocities. He's not going to call this POS what he really is - a worthless terrorist.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    As disgusting as this is, the issue is that he's in the military. That's a completely different thing than any other type of employment.

He can't just quit his job anytime he wants, and the military can't discharge him, then try him in a military court.

So, as long as he's still in the military, and not yet convicted, then he still gets paid.

The process is working as it should and is there to protect innocent people until proven guilty, this guy notwithstanding.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Come on guys. No one recognizes the reference????

On another note.
    Accused Fort Hood shooter says he participated in war on Islam
    I thought this was workplace violence and not terrorism (sarcasm off scale purple).

Arsenic and Old Lace?

The terrorism Hasan is referring to is America's "terrorism" towards the Muslim world. Not that a confession in court that he was an avowed terrorist would keep the government from insisting on "work place violence."

Top Bottom