[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFfVeXhtRa0[/ame]

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    You won't get reform. The people who could reform have bought into the system and see no problem with any of this.

Could start with voting against every single incumbent legislator, at all levels of government. Every election cycle, until the taint of this behavior is purged.

Or vote for those people who will roll back legislation and limit the rule-making powers of the executive branch.

Both parties, however, seem to find no problem with the underlying concept of forcing behavior 'for people's own good'.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You won't get reform. The people who could reform have bought into the system and see no problem with any of this.

Could start with voting against every single incumbent legislator, at all levels of government. Every election cycle, until the taint of this behavior is purged.

Or vote for those people who will roll back legislation and limit the rule-making powers of the executive branch.

Both parties, however, seem to find no problem with the underlying concept of forcing behavior 'for people's own good'.

Too late. The bureaucrats are running most of the system now. We do not vote for them. They know it, we are in deep Do-Do....:poop:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :xmad:We can't vote out zealots that are the Czars... After watching that video, it made me want to do very bad things to a lot of people in political/judicial office...and I'll leave it at that.:xmad::xmad:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    :xmad:We can't vote out zealots that are the Czars... After watching that video, it made me want to do very bad things to a lot of people in political/judicial office...and I'll leave it at that.:xmad::xmad:

And that somehow makes two wrongs a right? Look, I'm no more happy about what I saw in the same video, doesn't make me want to do "very bad things" to them. People who make comments like this concern me.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just listened to the whole thing and what I came away with is...

:(WE ARE ALL DOOMED:(

In another generation or two this country will be unrecognizable to most of us. It is inevitable. Just as the pace of new technology is ever increasing, so is the pace of our loss of freedom. Barring a catastrophic natural disaster that knocks civilization back to the 19th century, it will happen. Just as our national debt has reached a point that paying it off is just not realistic, the number of laws on the books around the country that should be repealed is insurmountable.

Top Bottom