• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Recently a very good friend of mine who owns Prototec Enterprises did a bunch of work on my Remington Bolt gun.

I thought I was nearly done until a ACIS chassis showed up in the Classifieds. After some trading I ended up with it.

Took the rifle to Larry and he worked his Magic. re crowned and threaded the Barrel for a suppressor, added the Larger lug and re cut the chamber to match specs.

He also added his excellent bolt handle.

I had the badger laid back for it but went with his instead and don't regret it a bit!! The badger is huge liked it ok but felt something just a bit smaller would be better.

Larry's own bolt handle was just what I had been looking for and its knurled as well. :rockwoot:

He also Machined the Lug and recess for a precise fit, the rifle should shoot well beyond my capabilities.

Something else I neglected to mention was the work he did on the trigger.... just amazing.

The setup

• Remington 700 VSSF in .308 is what she started like as. 26"
    • AICS chassis

• Remington 40X Adj trigger.

• Fluted SS barrel

• Leupold MK4 3,5 x 10 x 40.

• 20 Mil Pic base. Leupold rings.

• Prototech bolt handle.

• Harris Bipod.

• SAS flash hider and mount.

• Soon it will have the SAS titanium can,

• and will also have the adapter and Night vision mounts.

Hoping that the weather holds just a bit longer so I can get her on paper see what she can do now!!

OctRangetrip086.jpg

OctRangetrip084-Copy.jpg

OctRangetrip081-Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You are a very patient person. That is the best looking bolt gun I have ever seen. Are you selling that or is it part of your personal collection?

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    beautiful......I'd save up for that stock system if they would only make mags for the 30-06.....

I can't wait to see how that baby shoots!!!!

HeftyLefty39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Questions Questions...is that a harris bipod s-series to help with canting? Are you going to put a level on the scope, are you going to look for a longer mount...just curious because it looks like you're about to run out of forward room with that front scope ring??? How long is the barrel? Who made the stock I really like it??? What's your application going to be with this weapon? Do you know what grain .308 you'll try to load up first? Very sharp looking gun though excited for you and to hear more about it....to be continued....

Last edited:

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Let me know when and where you are going to fire it again.....I'd like to shoot that badass monster once again :D

That reminds me - I need to call you! Dialing you up on Weds!

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    You are a very patient person. That is the best looking bolt gun I have ever seen. Are you selling that or is it part of your personal collection?

Thanks I'm rather proud of that rifle, its one of my best and favorite firearms.

This is a personal gun. Its part of my personal collection but will be on display in the shop to showcase the accessories as well as Larry's amazing work.

Joz86 Great looking rifle, what stock is that?

Thanks
    Accuracy International Chassis System.

HeftyLefty39 Questions Questions...is that a harris bipod s-series to help with canting? Yes

Are you going to put a level on the scope, No I haven't actually. Something to consider though.

are you going to look for a longer mount...just curious because it looks like you're about to run out of forward room with that front scope ring??? Felt for the Application this rifle is currently intended for that the current base would be fine.

How long is the barrel? 26" Fluted

Who made the stock I really like it??? Accuracy International, and absolutely

What's your application going to be with this weapon? Voting from the rooftops, :D Coyote, Long range Target and general destruction of inanimate objects.

Do you know what grain .308 you'll try to load up first? Factory Match mostly Hornady FPD, 168 gr and 150 Ballistic tip, Federal 168gr Match.

Very sharp looking gun though excited for you and to hear more about it....to be continued.... Whew. Thanks!

kedie Nice!

How do you like the AICS?

Thanks and yes I like it very well, The mounting and feel are great, I read about the triggers needing to be extended but have not had issue with that myself.
    I will likely go after the Adj. cheek pieced stock though at some time. The cheek weld on this is very good but I have to make sure I don't raise the scope at all when I change out the rings.

wag1911 Let me know when and where you are going to fire it again.....I'd like to shoot that badass monster once again :D

That reminds me - I need to call you! Dialing you up on Weds!

Thanks again for getting it zeroed that day!

First free weekend I get I'm running it up to my old home town visit the folks and get some shooting in, We have a great place that a local farmer let us shoot down between Demotte and Hebron.

Farmers track leading up to a great backstop where we could get out to 700 yds or so.
    Next go round though Im sure will be one of the PW shoots or some such.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    First free weekend I get I'm running it up to my old home town visit the folks and get some shooting in, We have a great place that a local farmer let us shoot down between Demotte and Hebron.

Farmers track leading up to a great backstop where we could get out to 700 yds or so.
    Next go round though Im sure will be one of the PW shoots or some such.

I would love to check that beast out if you get up here in NWI. I'm not too far from Hebron. That is, if you [or the farmer] wouldn't mind someone coming out to chat and watch.

Either way that's a hell of a rifle and makes me kick myself for selling off the 700 I had. One day...one day I will buy another.

HeftyLefty39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    sorry i did get a bit excited there...thanks for the update though...still loving the pics! If you get some good targets and want to post them i'd love to see how she shoots!

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    sorry i did get a bit excited there...thanks for the update though...still loving the pics! If you get some good targets and want to post them i'd love to see how she shoots!

No problem, I will get some targets posted up as soon as I can get out to the range with it again.

I'm hoping to at least get out and hit a couple of hundred yard range here soon, but Ill get out asap and group it up at 100yds.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i started a build with intentions of finishing it as i got the money. within a month i was BROKE but had all the parts i needed. you are much more patient than i.

if you go shooting soon your wind reading better be up to snuff. i shot a little today (50ish rds) but to pratice in the wind. a 20mph crosswind is humbling to say the least

Top Bottom