• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Meh... I don't think anywhere in the IDPA manual is ever calls itself 'training' so I think his take on that is wrong...but neither is IPSC or USPSA. People call it training but those who shoot any of the shooting 'sports' know that it isn't training. He is right about time and cover and that but he could have just put out a 30 second video saying that no shooting sport is training and called it good.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    You laugh, but I'm emailing the USPSA BoD right now to get it officially changed in the range commands.

I also want a timer that yells "BUST EM" instead of beeping for a start signal as the official timer.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree with what he said.

There, I said it.

I also shoot IDPA, though. Both are good games in their own way as long as you keep you own goals and reasons for shooting in mind while you do it. But, if I had to choose one, it would be USPSA (or IPSC if I couldn't do USPSA).

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I agree with what he said.

There, I said it.

I also shoot IDPA, though. Both are good games in their own way as long as you keep you own goals and reasons for shooting in mind while you do it. But, if I had to choose one, it would be USPSA (or IPSC if I couldn't do USPSA).

Dangit. You are going to go and make me watch it!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dangit. You are going to go and make me watch it!

Sorry!

Another thing about USPSA (not sure how it would be received in IPSC proper), is that as long as you obey the safety rules, you can shoot the match any damn way you want. If you want to be a spandex wearing exteme shooting race monkey, you can. If you want to be tactical thomas, you can do that too. Shoot using a concealment garment? Sure, you can. Your choice.

YOUR CHOICE.

You do the thinking. You make the decisions. That's why it's good.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Sorry!

Another thing about USPSA (not sure how it would be received in IPSC proper), is that as long as you obey the safety rules, you can shoot the match any damn way you want. If you want to be a spandex wearing exteme shooting race monkey, you can. If you want to be tactical thomas, you can do that too. Shoot using a concealment garment? Sure, you can. Your choice.

YOUR CHOICE.

I'm with Rhino and Yeager - that's 2 strikes against me, eh? :):

I know a guy out on the west coast that shoots limited minor with his carry G34 from carry rig AIWB a.k.a. junk carry. He's actually pretty darn competitive too. IDPA won't let him play with his real world setup. Sad.

Yeager hit on the BIG difference between the 2 games: Freestyle vs. Simon Says with guns. To the extent that shooting games carry over, there's something to be said for the game that requires you to problem solve and think vs "shoot by numbers"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I know a guy out on the west coast that shoots limited minor with his carry G34 from carry rig AIWB a.k.a. junk carry. He's actually pretty darn competitive too. IDPA won't let him play with his real world setup. Sad.

Yeager hit on the BIG difference between the 2 games: Freestyle vs. Simon Says with guns. To the extent that shooting games carry over, there's something to be said for the game that requires you to problem solve and think vs "shoot by numbers"

We have a few guys in Indiana who shoot their carry guns with a concealment garment (the way they really dress). I do it sometimes too! Maybe I'll do it Sunday.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If you start hiding from brown paper targets behind see-through snowfence walls, I may point and laugh. :laugh:

And are you implying that people really don't wear those fishing vests all the time? Inconceivable!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you start hiding from brown paper targets behind see-through snowfence walls, I may point and laugh. :laugh:

And are you implying that people really don't wear those fishing vests all the time? Inconceivable!

I wear mine frequently, but not so much during IDPA matches. Heh. They're really handy for carrying stuff.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I like it..
    Instead of "if you are finished.....'
    Is everybody dead or at least cowering in the corner.

Too PC. Should be "if all the targets adequately F'd up..."

I actually agree with him

but he is still a douchebag

Agree on both accounts

Sorry!

YOUR CHOICE.

i do miss the story time that went along with all the stages though... "It was a dark and stormy night at the gas station when..."

You should have seen the heads pop once when I shot an activator, "sliced" around to another target, and then came back and got the mover that appeared... I had to argue that it WAS the correct order because the mover hadn't appeared until after I shot the other target. :)~

We have a few guys in Indiana who shoot their carry guns with a concealment garment (the way they really dress). I do it sometimes too! Maybe I'll do it Sunday.

Idpa drives many away because its so equipment focused.... So worried that some will have a huge competitive advantage if their grip is stippled or something...

Ive used my carry gun before (incl last years IN section match) but not my apx rig..... I prefer to holster off body and put the rig down my pants w. the trigger covered, and that's too time consuming for match day. One thing IDPA has going for it is the BUG matches.... I have to say I've never used my 642 in ipsc.... But I don't think pocket carry is legal in either game......

-rvb

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So the critisism of IDPA is that it is too gamey and equipment oriented? You mean the game that was created because all the gamers were ruining IPSC.

Top Bottom