• hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Trump got 51% of vote from those with a HS degree or lower

He got 52% of vote from those with associates degree or some college

He got 45% of vote of those with four year degree or more.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    But you're not educated unless you have grad school degree.

So to summarize the left has blamed:

1) Whites
    2) Men
    3) "un"educated
    4) Christians
    5) Gun owners
    6) The Constitution (electoral college)

Still not enough blame to wind back around to putting some at their own feet for their candidate, her actions/crimes, and their own policies

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    nope, completely random numbers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/exit-polls/

The interesting thing is.... black men with college degrees voted 16% for trump, and black men without a college degree voted 11% for trump

I now officially blame educated black men for Trump.

So you're saying polling after the election is more reliable than polling before? You're a smart guy doc. I have no idea why you are willing to accept the disconnect so easily.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    So you're saying polling after the election is more reliable than polling before? You're a smart guy doc. I have no idea why you are willing to accept the disconnect so easily.

Fair enough, Kut (and polling WAS inaccurate, to be sure) - are you saying that the hypothetical person answering the poll above (educated black males) would be MORE or LESS likely to admit voting for Trump at this point?

I guess bandwagon is possible. But I would think that many folks would still want to avoid the shaming that has gone on so rampantly and blatantly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Fair enough, Kut (and polling WAS inaccurate, to be sure) - are you saying that the hypothetical person answering the poll above (educated black males) would be MORE or LESS likely to admit voting for Trump at this point?

I guess bandwagon is possible. But I would think that many folks would still want to avoid the shaming that has gone on so rampantly and blatantly.

I have no idea, but I have never ever viewed polls as reliable. The sample size is generally too small to make a generalization about 300 million people. If the poll said educated black males in Salt Lake City sure, believable.... educated black males in Birmingham, not so much.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Yes, I think asking someone their demographics and who they voted for on their way out of a poll is a more accurate sample of who voted than a random phone call to someone's house before they voted. Especially with the crappy turnout.

Even YOU cannot disagree with that, though you probably will.

I fear the "new Kutnupe" was simply the "kutnupe thinks Hillary will win" kutnupe

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, I think asking someone their demographics and who they voted for on their way out of a poll is a more accurate sample of who voted than a random phone call to someone's house before they voted. Especially with the crappy turnout.

Even YOU cannot disagree with that, though you probably will.

I fear the "new Kutnupe" was simply the "kutnupe thinks Hillary will win" kutnupe

Lol, what? Actually nevermind.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Went to school, in various forms most of my adult life, earning several degrees, Sciences, Business and Liberal Arts. Paid every dime with money earned by working, with no government intervention. As I admittedly voted against the female criminal, how much more education do I need to loose the "ignorant" status the press has assigned?

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Having gone to school, in various forms most of my adult life, earning several degrees, Sciences, Business and Liberal Arts. Paying every dime with money earned by working. As I admittedly voted against the female criminal, how much more education do I need to loose the "ignorant" status the press has assigned?

I know that was rhetorical, but... when you start voting Democrat, and stop questioning your "betters".

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Polling wasn't really far off nationwide. Hillary won the popular vote by a fraction of a percent. Polls showed her winning by about 3%. Most of the polls were within their margin of error.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Some of the smartest people I know (even by the liberal standards of higher education degrees) voted for Trump.

David890 did not..... but thats because he has an 140 IQ.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Some of the smartest people I know (even by the liberal standards of higher education degrees) voted for Trump.

David890 did not..... but thats because he has an 140 IQ.

I know about the same amounts of equally dumb and smart people, that voted for both candidates.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know about the same amounts of equally dumb and smart people, that voted for both candidates.
    Which seems to align with the numbers posted up-thread.

The rhetoric that uneducated rednecks voted for Trump, and the corollary that educated elites voted for Hillary, seems to be just that - rhetoric. No basis in fact. The numbers (such that they are) and our experiences just don't align with that view.

The only thing we can say with certainty is that several large urban areas went largely Clinton. Pretty much everywhere else went Trump.

I suspect education, race, age, ethnicity, and even economic status have little to do with it. I suspect that largest differentiation was ones political views. Some folks want the Feds to tell everyone what to do. Some folks want to kick the Feds right in the Johnson.

Top Bottom