• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    It seems like I keep reading about these sights on GT and other boards. Anyone here run them on their carry gun?

247align495de2e9dm3.jpg

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    it's something you really have to get used to. Tactical Response swears by them and recommend them highly. but when i used one of their pistols it was just too awkward for me. but i'm sure with practice you can become proficient with them.

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    I guess you are right. I would really want to try them before I put my money down.

it's something you really have to get used to. Tactical Response swears by them and recommend them highly. but when i used one of their pistols it was just too awkward for me. but i'm sure with practice you can become proficient with them.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Since I'm at the age of diminishing eyesight I've been considering a new sight picture. I'm not really interested in bullseye but I would like to ensure that I can put the first shot in the spot. The front sight is blurry and out of focus when I concentrate on it unless its bright and there is a reflection off the white dot. Is this type of sight a reasonable option? Or would getting a different color be better, or just focus on point shooting?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I run Big Dots on all my fighting guns. I was a late convert compared to some of my coworkers. But I came around eventually.

I was worried about not being able to be accurate at distance but now I think it's actually easier to hit at extended distances than with "standard" sights. I routinely shoot out to 100 yards and beyond with pistols and have no problems hitting people-sized targets.

If you haven't already seen them, here are some videos we produced for XS to show how Big Dots work. No, we don't get paid by XS to pimp their sights.

YouTube - XS Sight Demo

YouTube - XS Sight Demo II

I'll extend the offer to anyone in central Indiana that wants to come to a range with me to shoot some of my guns with Big Dots on them. The best way to understand the concept is to try them for yourself.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I run Big Dots on all my fighting guns. I was a late convert compared to some of my coworkers. But I came around eventually.

I was worried about not being able to be accurate at distance but now I think it's actually easier to hit at extended distances than with "standard" sights. I routinely shoot out to 100 yards and beyond with pistols and have no problems hitting people-sized targets.

If you haven't already seen them, here are some videos we produced for XS to show how Big Dots work. No, we don't get paid by XS to pimp their sights.

YouTube - XS Sight Demo

YouTube - XS Sight Demo II

I'll extend the offer to anyone in central Indiana that wants to come to a range with me to shoot some of my guns with Big Dots on them. The best way to understand the concept is to try them for yourself.

Where do you shoot, i would be interested in trying them out.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    I have them on my XDSC9

I had Springfield do a carry package on my XDSC9 with big dot sites. Had them installed about 9 months ago and love them. It didn't take long to get used to them and they present a great sight picture with very quick aquisition. Am thinking about putting them on my XD45C too.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had these on a Glock 35.

The only thing I didn't like was that the front sight was large and when reholstering IWB it would always snag clothing.

Top Bottom