• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I picked up an XD-40 the other day. So far without going to the range, I am in love with the looks and ergonomics.

Now my question is what specific model is this one? The gun itself is bi tone and says XD-40. The case says XD-40 H.C.. It has 12 rounds mags and a full size grip, but it seems the slide and barrel are the same as a Glock 23.

So is this a compact, or is this the standard size? Also, what's the difference between the xd and xdm? Thanks in advance!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It sounds like the 4 inch "Service" model. The sub-compact has a 3" barrel, one 9 shot flush-fit magazine, and one 12 shot "full length" magazine with an extender sleeve.

Visit www.springfield-armory.com to see the different models.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    It is a little smaller than most full size guns but it is the 4"service model they are considered full size bc they only made these and the subcompacts until you got into the xdm model or xds either way its a great gun I've put 400 rounds of tulammo thru mine since getting it a month ago and not a single problem yet knock on wood

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Weird, thought the barrel was way shorter than 4". I put it up next to my Glock 21 and it was shorter than the Glock by a bit, so it made me really wonder since the 21 is a "service" gun. I'd have used their site, but my laptop is down and I'm stuck on my Droid (no flash player)

Thanks for the help!

EOC

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The Garage
    Not sure which model you have but I do know the sub compact says it down the slide.. The difference in the XDM is match grade barrel,interchangable back straps more aggressive grip and a few other things..

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Not sure which model you have but I do know the sub compact says it down the slide.. The difference in the XDM is match grade barrel,interchangable back straps more aggressive grip and a few other things..

Aha! That explains why my grip was smoother. I remember last gun show I fingered one that had a super tacky grip, like way to much tack IMO Mine has a good feel to it, my G21 is rather slippery.

windhorst3187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Yea I've got the SC model and I love the way it feels in my hand. I would rather carry with the 9 round mag because the 12 round mag kind of sticks out, but I think I can accomplish anything with 9 rounds as opposed to 12.

Top Bottom