• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Waiting on the Governor to sign the bill right now.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Nice!

And Indiana is pretty good actually. While "none" is best, Indiana's list of "victims disarmed for the benefit of criminals" zones are actually very small / limited compared to most states. I have to be careful when I travel, because places that are GTG in Indiana are often not legal in several other states.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Nice!

And Indiana is pretty good actually. While "none" is best, Indiana's list of "victims disarmed for the benefit of criminals" zones are actually very small / limited compared to most states. I have to be careful when I travel, because places that are GTG in Indiana are often not legal in several other states.

I do a download / quick read of the handgunlaw.us PDF for the state I'll be in (Ohio today).

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I do a download / quick read of the handgunlaw.us PDF for the state I'll be in (Ohio today).

I actually wrote a smartphone app to keep up on all the state laws. It is effective, is updated frequently, and categorizes the laws by area for easy reference. (Keyword search will be coming soon as well.) CCW - Concealed Carry 50 State Guide. But certainly there are other options too. :)

There really are a lot of laws. At last count, over 700,000 words of gun laws in the app DB! Longer than "War and Peace".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Would love to see that pass and then filter down to IN eventually, if we can ever elect actual conservatives and not the RINO and globalist Republicans we have too many of for this to ever be even considered.
    I would like to see Indiana's 'No guns signs do not have the force of law' filter across the border into Ohio, too

The establishments that deny me personal protection also aren't interested in taking any responsibility for their decision

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Can you imagine if/when someone tries to eliminate schools as a GFZ in Indiana? If you think all those NRA A+ rated republicans got wobbly over constitutional carry, you ain’t seen nothing yet.
    You mean like when I could carry a gun to school on the bus and take it hunting after the bell rang? No kids were shot.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You mean like when I could carry a gun to school on the bus and take it hunting after the bell rang? No kids were shot.
    I used to go to high school with my dads Winchester 30/30 and my 20ga bolt action he bought for me in my gun rack in my 4x4. I locked the doors, and went to school, and right after school my buddies, and I would go out shooting. We did that often.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I used to go to high school with my dads Winchester 30/30 and my 20ga bolt action he bought for me in my gun rack in my 4x4. I locked the doors, and went to school, and right after school my buddies, and I would go out shooting. We did that often.
    Yep, used to take our squirrel/rabbit and trap line guns to school. Put them in the cloak room till after school. Then hunt on the walk home. And that was grade school, nobody gave it a second thought.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

Waiting on the Governor to sign the bill right now.
    Ya know, what exactly is going on in our country? A boy (or girl) can’t take a squirrel gun with them when they go out?

I’m not a political rocket surgeon or anything like that, but i can see the lights in front of my eyes. Someone is attempting social engineering, (no news to INGO) And it ain’t us, (INGO members).

I’m going to make a concerted effort to find a couple kids n take them shooting. I do this already fishing n trapping, but I’m gonna redouble my efforts.

My trouble is most folks I know are shooters already. I’ve a lack of youngsters. H*** most kids I know have got their first deer by the time their 12 or 13.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Ya know, what exactly is going on in our country? A boy (or girl) can’t take a squirrel gun with them when they go out?

I’m not a political rocket surgeon or anything like that, but i can see the lights in front of my eyes. Someone is attempting social engineering, (no news to INGO) And it ain’t us, (INGO members).

I’m going to make a concerted effort to find a couple kids n take them shooting. I do this already fishing n trapping, but I’m gonna redouble my efforts.

My trouble is most folks I know are shooters already. I’ve a lack of youngsters. H*** most kids I know have got their first deer by the time their 12 or 13.
    Good idea. Just make sure that they are not being prescribed any of the mind altering drugs they put kids on today for any almost any reason at all. I have a couple of relatives I won't let come near any of my firearms.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Good idea. Just make sure that they are not being prescribed any of the mind altering drugs they put kids on today for any almost any reason at all. I have a couple of relatives I won't let come near any of my firearms.
    Well guess that’s another thing that never crossed my mind. Something so out of my world/realm of knowledge that it never came to mind.

Didn’t even know this was a thing. WOW!!!

Advise acknowledged and remembered.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Well guess that’s another thing that never crossed my mind. Something so out of my world/realm of knowledge that it never came to mind.

Didn’t even know this was a thing. WOW!!!

Advise acknowledged and remembered.
    Some gunowners have been attempting to pass the blame onto things they don't understand nearly as long as the anti-2A crowd has been blaming guns and gun owners, neither of which they understand either. Stigmatizing what one doesn't understand and fears has been a thing long before guns even existed.

Reactions: Mij

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN

You could potentially volunteer for 4H or the boy scouts and then find some interested youngsters that way.

Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom