• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am going to have a Snubby match in place of our ICORE Match on October 9th.

The match will be for Snubby's that are 3" or less and weigh less than 32oz. It will be a 72 round match with reloading. IDPA targets will be used with a little modified scoring between the 5 and 6 shots. Not to discourage 6 shooters but to encourage 5 shooters, but if you shoot down 0"s it doesn't matter. 1 shot on targets score and steel has to fall and will be set for IDPA Bug Revolver power factor.
    No Cover garments. IWB,AWIB and even Pocket Carry is okay. You can load from your pockets. Moon clips are okay, speed strips are okay. I will post more soon !!!

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I haven't been down to your range for quite a while with gas and ammo/primers being much higher now. I've been mostly shooting local rimfire rifle matches with my buddies. I wasn't sure if you were still having ICORE matches since I didn't see anything posted on INGO. I don't see anything on Practiscore either, but their search engine does not work very well.

This sounds like fun. I was thinking about my S&W 3" 66, but it looks like it's around 2 ounces too heavy. I will need to look at what J-frame I could shoot and make sure I have enough speedloaders. . I should have ammo loaded. Thanks for the match info.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    We are still having ICORE Matches the second Sunday of every Month. So we will have a ICORE match next Sunday Also.
    My intent was to include K frames for the snubby match. I tried to look up weights on 3" K frames and I though it was 32oz. Its official that 3" K frames are included. I have a few guys that are coming from out of town to shoot this and I think you guys will have fun. Bring some old revolver stuff because we will have a swap meet kinda thing also. Hope to see you there and maybe next weekend. I will be adding to this post in days to come. Jim

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the quick reply. I love shooting my 3" 66. In my pistol league at Blythe's I like shooting it for our combart speed drills. I will try to get out there next week also. I miss shooting these kind of matches. Thanks.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I know a few guys that are building, changing Barrels , working out their loading devices and ammo just to shoot this match !!!! The match a little under a month away. Its on Practiscore. Hope to have some giveaways so many can take home some things. I have a Master class Revolver shooter coming that is one of the best in the world with a full size revolver, it will be fun to see what he does with a J Frame.

Got any questions about this match send me a PM. Jim

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Cool cool, I'm in. My 442 gets carried all the time but I've never run a match with it.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    03638d030a2787320b25203ecb37579b.jpg

5db8fb6ec591d6cf618c0fc66c18d929.jpg

fc9ab19cec03227a0fd1c8153bc046ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Zeta6 Really stepped up with promo goods to give to the shooters. Snub Noir is also stepping up to furnish giveaways. Believe me that if you have a Snub and like to shoot it you will not want to miss this match. The price of entry will be well worth it with all the swag. Jim

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I have snub-nosed S&W 66 and would love to do something like this sometime, but it would probably have to be closer to the NWI area.
    I'm in NWI and I like going down to Wildcat Valley (Brookston). It's not a bad drive. You should try to make it. They put on great ICORE (revolver) matches.

Also, I run a pistol league at the Valpo Blythe's on Tuesday nights, We just started a few weeks ago. Check it out sometime, if you'd like. We start shooting around 5pm. We usually run three lines of shooters (6 at one time) and the last line starts around 6pm or a little sooner.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    I'm in NWI and I like going down to Wildcat Valley (Brookston). It's not a bad drive. You should try to make it. They put on great ICORE (revolver) matches.

Also, I run a pistol league at the Valpo Blythe's on Tuesday nights, We just started a few weeks ago. Check it out sometime, if you'd like. We start shooting around 5pm. We usually run three lines of shooters (6 at one time) and the last line starts around 6pm or a little sooner.
    I'm definitely interested in the Tuesday night league - thank you for the heads-up. Do you mind if I trouble you for some details... Is there an entrance fee? Are there any requirements/limitations on the pistols or ammo? Would someone who at, his best was not an excellent shot, but whose skills over the years have only degraded along with his vision, make a complete fool of himself?

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I'm definitely interested in the Tuesday night league - thank you for the heads-up. Do you mind if I trouble you for some details... Is there an entrance fee? Are there any requirements/limitations on the pistols or ammo? Would someone who at, his best was not an excellent shot, but whose skills over the years have only degraded along with his vision, make a complete fool of himself?
    No limits on pistols or ammo. Many are using 22lr now with the ammo situation. We shoot from a holster most of the time, but if people are not comfortable, they can ease into that part. We shoot in many different positions too; one handed (strong and weak hand), from the hip, two hands, baracades, kneeling, sitting, prone.

We have all skill levels. Some of our shooters have shot in many disciplines, up to national matches at Camp Perry and Camp Atterbury. The newer shooters have improved quite a bit. If we notice anything or are asked, we will assist a shooter and give them tips for improvement. I also send out emails with shooting tips, articles, and/or videos on some fundamentals.

You will not only improve, you will have a good time and make new freinds. We also go out to dinner after shooting, so no matter how well or badly you shoot, you can still get dinner. And I only make fun of my buddy that brags too much after I kick his butt in a match.

If you want, click on my handle and send me an email. I'll add your address to my list and I'll send you our course of fire. We normally have a 6 week COF, but the last one is 150 rounds. I will only do that one once or twice this season in order to save ammo. We will be shooting the first 5 weeks listed in our COF for a while.

Please reconsider the snubby match, though. They put on a nice match down there. It’s not a bad drive. I don’t think anyone up here will be shooting this match with me. If you want to ride down there with me, let me know. Stop by next Tuesday at Blythe’s. We can talk and you may want to try out the snubby match. And we can have a nice chat on the wayt down to Brookston.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    No limits on pistols or ammo. Many are using 22lr now with the ammo situation. We shoot from a holster most of the time, but if people are not comfortable, they can ease into that part. We shoot in many different positions too; one handed (strong and weak hand), from the hip, two hands, baracades, kneeling, sitting, prone.

We have all skill levels. Some of our shooters have shot in many disciplines, up to national matches at Camp Perry and Camp Atterbury. The newer shooters have improved quite a bit. If we notice anything or are asked, we will assist a shooter and give them tips for improvement. I also send out emails with shooting tips, articles, and/or videos on some fundamentals.

You will not only improve, you will have a good time and make new freinds. We also go out to dinner after shooting, so no matter how well or badly you shoot, you can still get dinner. And I only make fun of my buddy that brags too much after I kick his butt in a match.

If you want, click on my handle and send me an email. I'll add your address to my list and I'll send you our course of fire. We normally have a 6 week COF, but the last one is 150 rounds. I will only do that one once or twice this season in order to save ammo. We will be shooting the first 5 weeks listed in our COF for a while.

Please reconsider the snubby match, though. They put on a nice match down there. It’s not a bad drive. I don’t think anyone up here will be shooting this match with me. If you want to ride down there with me, let me know. Stop by next Tuesday at Blythe’s. We can talk and you may want to try out the snubby match. And we can have a nice chat on the wayt down to Brookston.
    Thanks for the information! I absolutely want to get on the email list, but I can't seem to figure out how to send a private message on here. Would you mind sending me one so that I can reply with my email?

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Before I send an email to my league shooters, I want to verify the start time. I see conflicting times listed. Also, you are on Eastern time, correct?

Calendar on website shows:
    Registration 9:00 AM
    Match 10:00 AM

Practiscore shows:
    Match starts: October 09, 2022 @ 11:00 AM ·
    Match ends: October 09, 2022 @ 4:00 PM

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    The match does start at 11:00 to give guys from out of town time to get there. I know Alex is coming from Michigan.
    You will die when you see what all I have for giveaways . It will be worth the entry fee by 2. Four Gun, Zeta6 and Snub Noir have really showed their support.
    The match is 72 rounds and will be so fun and is really about getting these little revolvers out and having fun. Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom