Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have started the planning of the 2011 season. Price for the match will remain the same but the value will be increasing. Memberships for the point series will remain the same.

Prices non-WVPPS members for the match = $20
    WVPPS members = $17
    WVPPS membership $25 and puts you in the point series

Point series will pay $75 to the division winner for divisions with four or more shooters who shoot at least four matches.

Club matches will be made up of six stages.
    1 classifier
    1 short course
    1 medium course
    3 long courses

The new bays allow us to expand the match, and if our numbers go up we should be able to accomodate more shooters since we will have more squads.

Set up will be 8am
    Registration 9:45 am
    Shooters meeting 10:45 am
    First shot 11am
    Cold range as per USPSA rules

Last edited:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I have started the planning of the 2011 season. Price for the match will remain the same but the value will be increasing. Memberships for the point series will remain the same.

WVPPS members = $17
    WVPSS membership $25 and puts you in the point series

Point series will pay $75 to the division winner for divisions with four or more shooters who shoot at least four matches.

1 classifier
    1 short course
    1 medium course
    3 long courses

The new bays allow us to expand the match, and if our numbers go up we should be able to accomodate more shooters since we will have more squads.

Set up will be 8am
    First shot 11am

New bays look great. Excellent Job :yesway::yesway:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

WVPPS members = $17
    WVPSS membership $25 and puts you in the point series

1 classifier
    1 short course
    1 medium course
    3 long courses

Set up will be 8am
    First shot 11am

I saw the new bays for the first time last night and they look great.

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    Thanks Coach. Just updated my calendar and looking forward to being a steady participant. Thanks to you and everyone else that coach and mentor newcomers to the shooting sports. Had a great time this past year and look forward to having a better time next year. :yesway:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I like the idea of planning ahead for more shooters. Cause your going to need the room. 6 stages 12 shooters on each. Its a beautiful thing.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I like the idea of planning ahead for more shooters. Cause your going to need the room. 6 stages 12 shooters on each. Its a beautiful thing.

I want to grow the attendence without making it dramatically longer for the shooters. Bill brought this up in another thread and I had thought about it as well. It is going to take longer to shoot six stages than five, but not dramatically.

I also wanted to have the short and medium courses to be preserved. Long courses are fun but the short ones present their own challenges. You cannot win the match there but it certainly can be lost there.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I want to grow the attendence without making it dramatically longer for the shooters. Bill brought this up in another thread and I had thought about it as well. It is going to take longer to shoot six stages than five, but not dramatically.

I also wanted to have the short and medium courses to be preserved. Long courses are fun but the short ones present their own challenges. You cannot win the match there but it certainly can be lost there.
    I understand what your saying. With the 48 we had at ACC we still had one bay open all the time. It seemed to move fairly well. If it starts getting to be an issue I will just move the 6th stage into another bay instead of doubling up one bay.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Attendance aside...
    ...I'm no math wizard, but this sounds like 20% more for the same price to me? :dunno:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Attendance aside...
    ...I'm no math wizard, but this sounds like 20% more for the same price to me? :dunno:

I am not a math whiz either. I refer all my math questions and issues to downrange72.

But it is more for the same money, and I am hoping some variation.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is going to take longer to shoot six stages than five, but not dramatically.

Short and medium courses don't bottleneck a match - long field courses do.

Three long courses is a LOT for a club match. It borders on mini-sectional every month. It should make a lot of shooters happy.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Short and medium courses don't bottleneck a match - long field courses do.

Three long courses is a LOT for a club match. It borders on mini-sectional every month. It should make a lot of shooters happy.

depends on how you set it up and how you run the stages.

If you have a six round classifier that moves to a 32 round long course then yeah you will have a back up

how you make a match flow is how you avoid back ups

Top Bottom