• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got too many 6.5 Grendel uppers :dunno: UP FOR SALE is a like new Alexander Arms factory built upper. Asking $835 OBO FTF in Northwest Indiana or south/rural suburbs of Chicago. I will ship this insured for an additional $30 anywhere in the continental US, $35 to Alaska.

About 120 rounds though this upper, all slow aimed fire. Shoots tiny groups at long range. This upper is capable of 1000 yard shooting. It has the carbon fiber composite free float tube, the blackened stainless target grade Alexander Arms barrel, low profile gas block, and the critically beefed up Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel bolt assembly. Also includes the Charging Handle. This is 100% complete and ready to mount onto any mil-spec lower for long range shooting. Ideal for coyotes or any other game that likes to stay out of reach of other round's lethal ranges.

For those not familiar with the 6.5 Grendel, its been credited with taking Bull Elk at over 400 yards with a single shot going through both shoulders and exiting the far side of the Elk. With proper factory loads the rounds stay SUPERSONIC out past 1000 yards and they retain more energy and more velocity than NATO spec 308/7.62 rounds.

Typical heavier hunting loads retain 1000 ft pounds of energy out past 600 yards (compared to about 240 yards for a 6.8 SPC). Heavier bullets can retain greater than 635# of energy out past 1000 yards (compared to the military's 175 grain 308/7.62 which retains only 581# of energy at 1000 yards, or the military 5.56 which retains 195# of energy at 1000 yards, or the 6.8 Rem SPC which retains only 263# of energy at 1000 yards).

The 6.5 Grendel is one of the most powerful and versatile rounds capable of being fired from a standard AR15 and requires no modification to the AR15. Recoil energy from a 6.5 Grendel is only 50% of the 308/7.62 so it is a mild shooting round with average rounds only generating 9.2# of recoil energy (versus 5.4# for a 5.56, 17.2# for a 7.62 or 8.7# for a 6.8 Rem SPC).

Rangefinder scope (with remote control) is NOT included but if you want it I'll take $750 for the scope. I am not intending to sell the scope but will sell it to whoever buys the upper if the buyer wants it. The scope is not for sale to anyone except the buyer of this upper. I have other Grendel uppers that would be suitable for this scope.

Alexander Arms lower NOT included and NOT for sale. Tripod is NOT included in the sale.

Factory description:
    6.5 Grendel® Overwatch - Complete Upper Assembly
    6.5 Grendel® Overwatch Complete Upper Assembly. This unit features a flat top upper receiver, 24" stainless steel barrel,free float composite hand guard and low profile gas block.Barrel is threaded 3/4-28tpi. Will fit on any mil spec lower receiver. Scout rail is an optional addition. Weight of upper is 6.09lbs.​

1a1-2.jpg

1a2-1.jpg

1a3-1.jpg

1a4-1.jpg

1a5-1.jpg

1a6-1.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    PMs answered. Waiting list is started.

First person on the list is trying to work something out, he has until Tuesday evening, then I will go to the second person on the list first thing Wednesday morning. Etc. If you want to be added to the list just send a PM.

Serious inquiries only, don't bother with low balls.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Sure, now that I have all of my parts you go and put one of yours up for sale....lol.

Good luck with the sale!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom