• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Going through my ammo boxes I realized I have over 3000 rounds of 9x18 and only one CZ82. While I like that gun, I don't shoot this caliber enough.

Looking for something a bit narrower than the cz82. Nothing expensive as I'm not buying for any other reason than to have an excuse to burn off some rounds.

Prefer local to NWI but may consider a short Sunday drive.

If someone wants a CZ82 I may be willing to trade it for another Mak.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're a glutton for punishment, I suggest that you look for a Polish P-64. Although the designers claim the opposite, it's an almost dead-ringer for a Walther PPK.

In nice condition, you can almost lose yourself in the bluing. VERY nice bluing.

The sights are small "combat" types, but the pistol is still quite accurate for being so little.

They're easy to field strip, too.

The drawbacks: The DA trigger pull on the P-64 is up around 24lbs. No, that's not an exaggeration. Changing the main spring out with a Wolf aftermarket will lower it considerably. MANY P-64 owners have done this very thing. I believe that a PPK spring will fit, but MAY require a coil or two to be cut off. I did not do this to my P-64 when I had it.

Also, the ergonomics on these pistols leaves much to be desired. A straight-blowback design with a relatively hot cartridge coupled with a narrow backstrap = ouch.

You SHOULD be able to find a nice one for around $225-250. If it's over $250, it's over priced unless it's pristine.

Don't forget about the actual Makarov pistols, either. Lots of countries made 'em, Bulgaria, Russia, East Germany, etc etc. These can run the gamut on price and condition...just like any other surplus handgun. There seems to be more Russian "commercial" Maks out there than actual surplus. If it's Russian and has an adjustable rear sight, it's the commercial version and is "less desirable", so to speak. There are also some double-stack variants out there.

Mak prices have steadily gone up in the last few years...it was going up before the nutso prices on everything else. A very good condition Mak will be closer to $300 than $250.

My former P-64:
    Picture053.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture057.jpg

-J-

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    My cz82 had a punishing recoil until I changed out the springs. It also threw the brass to the right rear about 25 feet on average.

I'd love to have a true Mak or the PPK clone, however I have never seen one in person. I saw one at the 1500 for 400 and the dealer would not budge on the price, it was in good to very good condition, nowhere near pristine/still cosmoline packed new that that price should reflect.

There's only one small gun shop near me that I know of and occasionally Cabelas will have one in stock, but again they ask way too much for them. Cabelas typically has the CZ82/3 in stock, but I'm looking for something with a narrower grip, probably singlestacked.

Not looking to spend over 200OTD either for just a straight gun with one mag. I paid 250 for my CZ because it came with 4 mags, holster, mag holster, cleaning brush lanyard and a zipped storage bag.

And again, this is just a range gun, I don't need anything fancy or a collectors piece.

Or I'd consider trading my CZ82 plus ammo toward something else. I like that I own a gun with some history, so I would give preference to something historically significant, but of course if the deal is right a modern handgun would suffice.

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    You can get P-64's from JGSales.com for $160 not including shipping and of course ffl transfer. The one I got a few months ago looked like it had never been fired. Its beautiful. The Wolff Spring kit was 20$ but I haven't installed it yet because I actually don't mind the heavy trigger pull.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    You can get P-64's from JGSales.com for $160 not including shipping and of course ffl transfer. The one I got a few months ago looked like it had never been fired. Its beautiful. The Wolff Spring kit was 20$ but I haven't installed it yet because I actually don't mind the heavy trigger pull.

Yeah but after shipping and transfer fee I'm at $225 which feels a bit steep for a gun that's selling for $160.

Called around, there's one gunshop close by that regularly gets shipments of imported surplus guns and ammo. I'll be checking in with them regularly until I get my gun if nothing comes up on here.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Interested in possibly trading for a Russian Mak? Give me a PM if interested. I'm in LaPorte co, so I'm close. Gun would come with 3 mags, HBE holster and mag carrier. I like the Mak, but love my "American" mag releases, and want a cocked and locked truck gun.

Last edited:

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I bought an FEG PA-63 off of CDNN in new, test fired condition for $149 (the last magazine I got from CDNN still had them). Shipping was $20 and transfer was $25. $194 for the pistol, but you will need a new recoil spring also to tame the recoil. I am impressed with mine.

Top Bottom