• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    That's the liberal mind at work, my friend.

What really honks me off is that the guy is running away without a scratch to victimize someone else who has no idea of their "privileges".

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The wording suggests an anti-gun punch line, but just looking at the picture seems to suggest firearm are an effective form of self defense. :dunno: I'm confused over what the intentions of the artist were.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In the law a privilege is a right.

Think of it this way, Jar, read "benefit" in lieu of "privilege" and see if that helps.:D

Next thing you know, you'll be telling us there is a "privilege" against self-incrimination when we all know that wording is designed to desensitize us to the police state. It's a RIGHT, I tells ya!

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Please don't jump on me for saying this cause I really like this LGS, but I remember a while back they had a radio ad and it eluded to the fact or maybe even said something like "your (or our) 2nd amendment privileges". I was really dumbfounded by what I heard. Not gonna say who it was, but some of you may have heard it. I believe it was a few months ago.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Maybe. But to the common joe a privilege is something that can be revoked. Last I checked I'm just a common joe, hence my being put off by this. Without knowing the creator of the piece, I reacted and was disturbed. The "right" to keep and bear is what the constitution says. Not the "privilege". Just changing the wording is an affront to my common joeness!

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I agree, regardless of definition, I think "privilege" was used with intent. Just the fact that it's more letters than "right" and not as clearly understood tells me the substitution of words was deliberate. (More letters meaning it takes more effort on the part of the artist, not that it's hard to spell)

No one ever invokes their "privilege" of free speech. It's always their right. And it's never a "privilege" of religious freedom, but the right to religious freedom.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Maybe. But to the common joe a privilege is something that can be revoked. Last I checked I'm just a common joe, hence my being put off by this. Without knowing the creator of the piece, I reacted and was disturbed. The "right" to keep and bear is what the constitution says. Not the "privilege". Just changing the wording is an affront to my common joeness!

I'm with you joe

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I hear ya Kirk, but somehow I think the cartoonist has no concept of the difference!

I'm sure the cartoonist knows exactly what he's/she's doing. Just degrading our RIGHTS through a slow erosion process. It's a long term weapon since they're having trouble yanking our pants down right now.

Top Bottom